Mowing Help!

/ Mowing Help! #21  
If you bought that Sears lawn tractor new it was around $2900 from
what I see on the website. You could have picked up an older utility
tractor and a mower for that money. It would not have been new but
would be up to the task.

Earlier this year I did just what Soundguy said, and picked up a 75 Ford 2000 and in a
seperate buy got a JD Frontier (Woods) 72" finish mower Together they ran me $4k.

A bit more than you spent but will handle the job. Sorry for the fuzzy cell phone photo.

S5030332.jpg

/ Mowing Help! #23  
Heck you might find someone to bale it and they can keep the hay.

Oops. I guess I should have read all the post. Someone already mentioned this.

/ Mowing Help! #24  
If it was me I find someone with a few cows or horses who needs pasture. They may even pay you to chew it down.
Money you save on gasoline alone will pay for any necessary fencing.

/ Mowing Help! #25  
If it was me I'd find someone with a few cows or horses who needs pasture. They may even pay you to chew it down.
Money you save on gasoline alone will pay for any necessary fencing.

/ Mowing Help! #26  
15 acres of 3-ft tall weeds with a little belt-driven garden tractor? Wrong tool for that job. Hire it done and then find a decent used CUT in the 30-40 hp (engine) range and either a 5-ft brush hog or a similar finish mower to handle the field maintenance part. Owning and maintaining ranch property isn't cheap but it doesn't have to break the bank either if you educate yourself about tractors, implements and the prices in the pre-owned tractor market in your area. Do the homework and enjoy peace of mind.
Good luck.

/ Mowing Help! #27  
I would pay to have it cut the first time around then revisit you options from there. My neighbor used to mow his back 5 acres with a lawn tractor and 2 60" swisher self powered tow behind decks making for a 14.5ft cut. But this is flat lawn not pasture. Another friend of mine mows his huge yard with a jd990 with 6ft finish mower and 3 60" swisher pull behinds making a 21ft pass. it looks retarded but gets the job done in a hurry if you have no obstacles. You can also get pull behind self powered rotary style cutters if you don't want to let it get a little longer. It seems like one of those pull behind mowers pops up on craigslist every couple weeks around here.