Thorn bushes

/ Thorn bushes #1  

StormVet

Tractor
Long 460
What's the best way to get rid of those flat making thorn bushes! Mowing doesn't get rid of them. Spray? Plow? Burn? Need some help. Thanks in advance.

/ Thorn bushes #2  
Without knowing roughly where you are located it is hard to know what particular thorns you are referring to. I'd suggest contacting your local USDA extension office for their advice.

/ Thorn bushes
East Texas. Don't know the name of them but they have long purple thorns. Leaves that kinda look like a clover leaf. A years worth of growth and they can be taller than my front end of my 460 Long tractor.

/ Thorn bushes #5  
Probably Acacia, also called Huisache. They are tough to get rid of because if you just mow them down or cut them off with an axe or saw they will send up new plants from the roots making one tree into 3, 4, 5, ... you get the idea. You have to kill the roots also. Go to your local farm supply or ag coop and ask for a poison.

Believe it or not, the flowers of these trees were once used to make perfume. I have to admit that I do like the smell of the flower.

Texas Native Trees Photo Gallery

/ Thorn bushes #6  
Sorry, I didn't notice that you said the leaves look like a clover leaf. Never mind.

/ Thorn bushes #7  
remedy mixed with diesel sprayed on the bark will get it.