New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one?

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #1  

donlo

Tractor
ford 3000 JD5095M, 1500kabota, ford 600
We do a little over 3000 bales[small square} a season, labor is getting REALLY tuff , even just stacking, I have looked at a few 1037 bale wagons,pull behind, wonder if any one ACTUALLY has used or is using one?
I have lots of questions about them,,main one is 'do they really work",, I have YET to see one in a field in our area {NE Ohio},,I like the idea of being able to pick up AND stack with a piece of equipment,,but ONLY if it works,,,,,, I'm just wondering if they may be to slow,,for our area,, where rain is always around the corner, i see they are popular out west ,where they may get weeks of good forcasts,,,
rather than me posting questions,, I'm sure there are lots of people who can give reasons for thumbs Up or Down,, let em fly ,,not my first trip to the rodeo,,,

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #2  
I would be dead without mine. I have a 1012 (56 or 64 bale on the stacker), Mine works really well. You have to learn the speed it takes to get all the timing correct. By this I mean that the tractor rpm + ground speed + bale spacing has to be coordinated so that you don't get ahead of the machine's table operations.

I add a caster wheel to the hay pickup chute so that it can follow the hills and valleys at my place. I also added a hydraulic cylinder to the hay chute so I can shake a stuck bale free if one gets lopsided on the first table. Its also handy for getting thru 10' gates.

The only hard part is learnng how to pick up bales in the middle of a sharp turn.

Plenty of videos on YouTube to see them in action.

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #3  

dont have one, but ive watched about every video on youtube of them trying to learn about them should i ever get lucky enough to come across one for sale in my neck of the woods.

from what i see on youtube, i have no reason to believe they will do exactly as expected. (just expect to have a drive in barn with enough ceiling clearance for it)

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #4  
A friend of mine uses one.

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #5  
I run a 1012 NH bale wagon, have for several years. Did the math last week, it has picked up over 100,000 bales for me. I would be glad to help you.

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #6  
I would be dead without mine. I have a 1012 (56 or 64 bale on the stacker), Mine works really well. You have to learn the speed it takes to get all the timing correct. By this I mean that the tractor rpm + ground speed + bale spacing has to be coordinated so that you don't get ahead of the machine's table operations.

I add a caster wheel to the hay pickup chute so that it can follow the hills and valleys at my place. I also added a hydraulic cylinder to the hay chute so I can shake a stuck bale free if one gets lopsided on the first table. Its also handy for getting thru 10' gates.

The only hard part is learnng how to pick up bales in the middle of a sharp turn.

I would like to see your castor wheel. I have wanted to do that for years! NH put a lot of weight out on the end with the shoot. I want to take some off the trailer and maybe make it a floating shoot.

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #7  
I just bought a 1048 bale wagon and want to know the best way to tie the stack and what the most common problem that goes wrong as far as hydraulics if any

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #8  
I just bought a 1048 bale wagon and want to know the best way to tie the stack and what the most common problem that goes wrong as far as hydraulics if any

I was/am looking for that model around here. In my 1012, the only hydraulic issue I have had is the 3rd table cylinders weep a little. I change the hyd. filter every year to be safe too. I am not a big help to you since I have a different model. The one area that has taken a beating on mine is that poor little shoot. Bent every which way, straightened, re-welded, fabricated, and back to the field we go. Plans for a support wheel in the mix this winter.

/ New Holland bale wagons, anyone using one? #9  
Hey guys hope all is well with y'all. I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could find a can for my new holland 1048 bale wagon?