Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like....

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #11  
You know if I were wealthy I would not fiddle
w/ this stuff, I would just go big w/ quality, but,
I am not. If you have the means, think about Land
Pride products, if you need to $ave, go HF but
to awnser your question, yes, it is A-OK ONLY if
it is modified as I suggest. Do your homework,
I am not the end all, I make mistakes all the time...
Additionally each and every different accessory /
implement you hand off it will have it's own different
challenges. Once you iron out all the wrinkles you
will enjoy it.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #12  
i like my speeco quick hitch from tsc. it even works with my old john deere #5 sickle bar for cuttin our hay field. i just leave the mower with the front propped up with a cement block and i can just back in and hook up. all my implements are set up and are easy to just back up clip in and go without getting off the tractor.

2012-08-09_17-25-50_557 by nickb304, on Flickr

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #13  
I too have the Pat's. Though they work great for my rotary cutter, they do actually take longer to hook up the 3pt mower. I find I still have to get off to adjust the width as most of my implments can't be changed to fit. At that point I end up on and off the tractor extra to lift the links into position where without them I could just put the pin through.

Really just aggrevated me when I wasn't paying attention and bent the PTO shaft on my rake when turning. Not the Pat's QA fault, didn't check clearance first.

Maybe just from the years of having to get perfectly straight backing up it doesn't bother me. If they worked on most of my implements they would save a bunch more time.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #14  
PATS are handy for a lot of people and a great bunch of people with which to deal, but with the extendable lower links and Top and Tilt is so easy, I didn't even put them on our new tractor.

You can have them make a set for your tractor that doesn't extend the length of your lower arms which is really nice, but they don't extend.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #15  
I have a Woods (think it's Speeco) QH with the top and tilt from Fit Rite Hydraulics and even though it took a little bit of work making all the attachments QH compatible, it's great. Almost fun to hook up now....

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #16  
I have a Pats easy change system and it is a very good product. Top link had to be longer for the added length but this takes all the work out of hooking up shredder! Should have spent the money long time ago.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #17  
I have Pat's easy change system and agree its a great product, and, its a back saver. But in the end it comes down to the moron implement manufacturers who just get the concept of a standardized mounting system. My box blade, rear grader blade, wood splitter all have different low pin widths so I have to adjust the draft arm width for each implement. If those "morons" could just agree on a uniform width most of the frustration would go away. I agree telescoping draft links on the tractor help but Pats system is less expensive and for me, works just as well.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #18  
I bought a Nortrac 3-point quick hitch.
$138.41 w/shipping this year.
Works great and the price was right.
new tractor 366.jpgnew tractor 351.JPG

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #19  
I have Pat's QH and made my own rod with a turnbuckle in the middle so width adjustment is easy. I marked the rod so when I go to one implement I turn the rod to the width I need and I am done. One poster said his keeps dropping one pin. I am not sure how this is possible if you have it mounted with the hooks fully engaged and have never experienced this phenomenon.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #20  
I have a John Deere imatch, in fact I loved it so much i gave the first one to my grandpa and got a second one for my last tractor, a small 16 hp Yanmar. Sold the Yanmar and made myself a quick attach plate so now I can run my few 3 point implements on the front of my skid steer. :D I have yet to have a problem with the imatch system, it's quick and easy and all of my implements fit it. When I had the Yanmar I also had swapped out the lower links with a set of Kioti telescopic lower links however I still ran it with the imatch as well. The telescopic lower links were great for my post hole digger and increased the lift height however the additional stress from pushing the load further back eventually blew the O-ring inside the lift cylinder which resulted in loss of lifting capabilities until I fixed it. I still have the telescopic lower links, some day when I get another tractor they will defiantly be going on it. :thumbsup:

021.jpg 025.jpg 9-25-10 020.JPG