Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like....

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #1  

countryguy1225

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6060 & L2550GST(4wd), W/ Backhoe attch. Mitsubhish MT160D (4wd) :- )
Again, Newbie on his first year of Tractors, balers, cutters, disc, etc.... And I'm really tired of all the 3pt on & off grunting I do. I see the Pat's each changes here->Pat's Easy Change System - TractorByNet.com Store

Anyone using them? Also- What else is out there? I honestly do not know. Please Excuse if this should go to the "attachments" forum- to me it seems like this is where I'll hear about what works best for haying which is what I am doing.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #2  
don't have the Pat's , but I have a case/IH quick hitch on my b7800 , have everything I own to fit it. Freind next door liked it so much he bought one like it to fit his Ford 1710. Said he wish he had it years sooner. Only thing I use that I can't use on it is the post hole digger. Look at harbour freight , agri-supply , or your local dealer. Can run upwards of $300.00 depending on cat. 1 , 2 , or 3. You will love it , either way you go ( work smarter , not harder ) ..

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #3  
I started out with a PQH system and liked it very much. My implements now are all QH ready so I am using a Speeco QH system now.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #4  
I used a set of Carters quick hitch for quite a while and they worked pretty well, but now my new Kioti has the telescoping lower links and telescoping sway bars and I no longer need them.. I don't suffer much any more in getting hooked up with the Kioti. When I had the B7500 and was ignorant of quick hitches and did not have telescoping links, I kicked and shoved and cussed quite a bit. Lots of ways to skin the cat, but I am happy with the stock equipment of the Kioti.

James K0UA

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like....
Thanks everyone. Had no idea there were so many of these. eBay has dozens and harbor freight is having a sale on one. See here 3-Point Quick Hitch for Tractors - 27-1/2" Clearance

So it seems there are two common types. The lower arm attachment type and then a frame type. I see that I would get to adjust my widths with the lower arm types thus far too. Very cool. Thanks again.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #6  
I have 7 different attachments and found the Pats system to be more of a pain to deal with than OEM cat #1 arms . Three of my attachments required alterations for for the arms to get under the pins. Plus all the different widths which Pats adjustable rod couldn't be used with some attachments requiring me to be up and down off the tractor more than I was. My biggest complaint was one arm or the other would drop a pin if upward lift pressure was relaxed. This happened twice. The second time it bent a lift arm. I sold them to contractor that used a box blade or a rake. Made him a happy owner.
Plus I didn't like the additional length on the arms and the problems that caused on two of my attachments.
I'm 70 + years old and have no problem levering my attachments around when needed.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #7  
I've been using the Carter & Sons LLC EZ-Hitch for a while now and it has made 3pt hookups loads easier - especially considering I am often hooking up on non-level ground. It has more manual activity required than Pat's, but the lift pins are retained by a manually secured retainer rod that makes it extremely unlikely that the pin could escape during work. Some items require changing the setting on the anti-sway chains for a different width, but a bungee between the arms keeps things steady while doing the hook up. If I wear out the current set, I may cut the box off & have the j-hooks welded to the arm top.

Nick

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #8  
I like Pat's system....very solid, reliable, good people to purchase from , USA made...no modifications required for any of my numerous attachments...have hydraulic top link, thus top link length not an issue. Recommend Pat's

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #9  
I grabbed one of the HF's QH's, there not so bad...,
but I had to beef mine up a bit, not hard, you can
read about it HERE.

/ Tired ot 3pt Equipment changes all the time- what easy change do you like.... #10  
I grabbed one of the HF's QH's, there not so bad...,
but I had to beef mine up a bit, not hard, you can
read about it HERE.

If you had to do it again, would you buy a HF quick-hitch again? They are being discontinued around here and I can get ine for $79 --less a 20% off coupon.
Worth it or find a better quality one?