Hay Storage

/ Hay Storage
Yea I had seen a number of studies by various sources on hay efficiency regarding storage and hay rings/feeders. We're using a borrowed cattle ring feeder turned upside down at the moment. I'll have to get our own horse ring before too long but at least we're not having to deal with square bales every day or so.

/ Hay Storage #12  
Leaving round bales out in the rain won't hurt them as much a rain on a square bale would. The outer layer on the bale acts like a thatched roof but you still loose about 20% from leaving them out.

/ Hay Storage #13  
If you have any old bed liners from pickups you might be able to cover two with one. I use one on a skid of wood that sits beside the basement window until used up then I bring another from storage.

/ Hay Storage #14  
They did a study on it at Texas AM,

Lou
Do you know how many Aggies it takes to pop Popcorn??? One Aggie to hold the popper and two(2) Aggies to shake the stove!!!!!!:drink::drink: In all seriousness getting rd bales off the ground saves hay as does Netwrap.

/ Hay Storage #15  
Same amount to change a light bulb.. one to hold the bulb and two the turn him.. Hey we maybe on some here,, three Aggie and save hay.. lol..Lou