Round baler advise

/ Round baler advise #21  
Jerry
Loose bales on a JD 567 baler could be a blown o-ring in one of the tension cylinders or the tension valve. Also it could be that operator does not have hyd pressure on tension valve(parts key 19) adjusted high enough to make a firm bale.

Jim,
Is that something that needs adjustment or checking on a regular basis throughout the haying season? This guy is really good about keeping his equipment in top shape and he takes a lot of pride in doing the job right. This is the first time we've had a problem with any bales he's rolled for us.

/ Round baler advise #22  
There is a pressure gauge on RH front of baler. I run my gauge on my 467 at about 1:30-2:00 o'clock on the gauge and sometimes it's difficult to get a bale spear in the bales. What model tractor does he pull baler with as the scv's could be letting pressure bleed off?? My first 467 I put 30,000 bales on it and then traded it for current one to get Netwrap. The newer baler has 14,500 bales on it.

/ Round baler advise #23  
There is a pressure gauge on RH front of baler. I run my gauge on my 467 at about 1:30-2:00 o'clock on the gauge and sometimes it's difficult to get a bale spear in the bales. What model tractor does he pull baler with as the scv's could be letting pressure bleed off?? My first 467 I put 30,000 bales on it and then traded it for current one to get Netwrap. The newer baler has 14,500 bales on it.

I don't recall the model number but his tractor is over 100 HP . You've given me some good questions to ask him before he bales next years. Thanks.

/ Round baler advise #24  
I know my friend bought a 6715 and to get the hyd cylinder to stay where he wanted it to be he had to buy an upgraded scv with a built in check valve.

/ Round baler advise
Welll guys, I did it. Today I bought that 2008 BR7060 silage special with net wrap. The dealer came down a little bit and I payed $17,500. The dealer will go over it in their shop before delivery to make sure it's field ready. I never planned on spending this much, but when I look on Tractorhouse.com, most 7060's are over 20K. I hope I did the right thing.

/ Round baler advise #26  
Welll guys, I did it. Today I bought that 2008 BR7060 silage special with net wrap. The dealer came down a little bit and I payed $17,500. The dealer will go over it in their shop before delivery to make sure it's field ready. I never planned on spending this much, but when I look on Tractorhouse.com, most 7060's are over 20K. I hope I did the right thing.

I have the Vermeer 5410 REBEL only baled 150bales so far buts its been great,the net.wrap is quick. I switched over to string some and the time difference is a lot,I guess its one of those things if you never had it you wouldn't miss but once you have used it,hard to go back.

/ Round baler advise #27  
I agree on the added speed of the netwrap while baling hay. All things equal one can bale 25% more bales in the same period of time using netwrap instead of twine. If one of my hay baling customers want twine I charge $2 more per bale. Plus if feeding hay netwrap is much easier to remove from bale than twine if bale can be lifted off the ground.

/ Round baler advise #28  
HI Guys,
I also am old enough now to avoid the small bales and looking for a round bailer. We are only doing a few acres for our beef cattle. I noticed a NW 852 for about $4,000. It has "auto wrap" on it. Can you explalin what that means and then make any suggestions as to what to look for in a used bailer? Is Hesston a good machine?
Thanks,
nckennedy

/ Round baler advise #29  
Never had a hesson but had a new holland 644 and auto wrap meant when the bale is full the wrapping process will begin on its on. Usually has a buzzer to let u know to stop and the same buzzer tells you when the wrapping process is through.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Round baler advise #30  
i can answer the loose bales as well.he has the baler setup to make them loose.thats why they fall apart on you before you can get them to the feeding area.the baler needs tobe readjusted.going this weekend to look at a JD 567 thats just had over 2000 bales run through it.the baler has been sitting in the barn for 3yrs.