Round baler advise

/ Round baler advise #31  
bigbull338
I do agree it's easy for the baler operator to turn the hyd knob to loosen the hyd tension therefore making loose bales. It's also possible the machine has some faulty parts PLUS the baler operator that operates baler incorrectly can make for loose bales. Good luck with your barn find although I wouldn't want a 5 ft wide baler because of the problems one has trying to get them hauled where I live. Around here most 5 ft wide bales are the ugliest/whiskey barrel shaped things because the operators won't crowd each windrow edge to properly fill up the bales so they will be LEVEL.
As I've previously stated JD 467 balers are some of the best I've operated.

/ Round baler advise #32  
Agree on the bale width thing...I will never buy another wider than 4ft

/ Round baler advise #33  
yes the 4 by 5 an 4 by 6 are easier to haul an handle.but depending on your herd size your hay needs will double with the smaller bales.we fed 12 4 by 6 bales a week this winter.where if we was feeding 5 by 6 bales iit wouldve been 7 or 8 bales a week.

/ Round baler advise #34  
I seriously doubt a 4X6 bale will take double the number of bales to feed the same number of cows as 5X6. That would mean if I was feeding a 1200# 4X6 bale that a 5X6 would weigh 2400#s

/ Round baler advise #35  
I seriously doubt a 4X6 bale will take double the number of bales to feed the same number of cows as 5X6. That would mean if I was feeding a 1200# 4X6 bale that a 5X6 would weigh 2400#s

well this winter is our 1st full winter feeding 4 by 6 bales.an we was feeding 12 to 14 bales most weeks.wich means if we had 5 by 6 bales we wouldve fed 7 or 8 bales in the same week.

/ Round baler advise #36  
Thought it was somewhere around 25% less in a 4x6 than 5x6,but everyone knows can make the lbs different on whatever size making...

/ Round baler advise #37  
All things equal I agree 25% more #s in a 5X6 than a 4X6 bale

/ Round baler advise #38  
All things equal I agree 25% more #s in a 5X6 than a 4X6 bale
I just crunched some numbers a light 4x6(1150lbs) to a heavy 5x6(2,000),his numbers would be at 34%,feeding the same LBS,that's not far off from 25% plus he had a give or take a bale:D
Also have less bale same waste,if using rings or nothing

/ Round baler advise #39  
an we use bale rings for the hay.neighbor/cousin feeds hay without rings an his waste is 50% to 70% of his hay.theres 2 big hugh piles of hay on the ground where he feeds hay.

/ Round baler advise #40  
an we use bale rings for the hay.neighbor/cousin feeds hay without rings an his waste is 50% to 70% of his hay.theres 2 big hugh piles of hay on the ground where he feeds hay.

Yeah never got that,rings are cheap. Un-rollers are nice but putting hay out everyday doesnt work for me,very little waste at all...