Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ?

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ? #1  

Pmkabcfox

Tractor
To much junk to list
I'm looking to buy a bale wagon I have a IH 440t baler now it's a two twine small bale , and have had some problems with it, so I have thought about buying a NH 500 or a 505 three twine baler. I know the New Holland 1030 will pick up the 2 twine bales but not sure about the 3 twine anybody have any ideas. I have found a 1030 in Idaho I want to buy, but if I can't pick up the bigger 3 twine bales what's the point......... thanks for any advice!!

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ?
Thanks anyway!

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ? #3  
I'm sorry you didn't get any responses. It might be because 3 twine bales are rare. I've been around hay for over 60 years and have only ever seen a 3 twine bale on TV. This has really puzzled me. Sometimes I've thought that elusive 3 twine baler must be located somewhere in California and be the only one of it's kind. :) That's not really much of an exaggeration.

Thanks I'm in California and three twine bale are the only bales you can buy ! I have a IH 440 two twine baler now and it's hard to sell a small bale. It's actually makes a nice, easy to handle bale, but California people are strange!

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ? #5  
It does not matter how many twine loops are in the bale. All that matters is how wide they are. By width, I mean the width of the chamber of your baler. They are usually either 14" or 16". Bale length is also set on the baler depending on how many integer bales you can fit on the first table of the stacker wagon (either 2 or 3). Bale height also does not matter because the push plate on the ground pickup chute is adjustable. Do a Google search on bale wagon capacity and you can find that each wagon model has several bale count capacities, depending on your bale dimensions. Once you have used one of these wagons, it will be hard to go back to a kick baler because the resulting stacks are more suited to one-person operations, especially if you can stash them under a roof, especially of it is a hay buyer's roof (as in my case).

YouTube has plenty of videos on all the different models in action: tractor pulled and self propelled. Maybe you can find one showing triple twine loading.

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ? #6  
QUOTE=stuckmotor;3167386]I'm sorry you didn't get any responses. It might be because 3 twine bales are rare. I've been around hay for over 60 years and have only ever seen a 3 twine bale on TV. This has really puzzled me. Sometimes I've thought that elusive 3 twine baler must be located somewhere in California and be the only one of it's kind. :) That's not really much of an exaggeration.[/QUOTE]

Three-twine baler in CA? Here's what my neighbor uses on his 30-acre alfalfa field--a self-propelled NH500. Pretty neat, huh?

Dicks baler-1.JPGDicks baler-2.JPG[

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ? #7  
Are you talking 14x18,16x18, or 16x24? The 24" bales work in the block stacking wagons for sure, not sure about the others.

The NH 500 makes a 16x23 bale .......and my IH 440 makes a 14x16 bale and I am going to buy a new holland 1030 bale wagon this weekend so I hope it works!

Thanks for the info and yes it will pick up a 3 twine bale just not as manny . But it's way better than stacking by hand!!

/ Will a 1030 new holland bale wagon pick up a 3 twine bale ? #10  
Hey the only thing you should have to adjust is the pickup shoot. Being used I'll. Bet the rest of it works great. Can you give me an idea of what shape it is in and price. Don't want to get in your business about the price but I'm just east of reno and looking myself.
Sheepdr