disc mower advice

/ disc mower advice #21  
I use run a JD 5325 [55hp at pto] with a JD 275 disc mower [9'2] with no problems. Run in mid range 3. Just make sure you got sharp blades.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ disc mower advice #22  
I use to run a JD 275 [9'2] with a JD 5325 [55hp at pto]. Had no problems with speed but had to have good blades. Only problem the bolt on the three point hitch would break when transporting because of pressure on right side of tractor. The top bolt in right side on the 3 point hitch extension would break. Easy to change

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ disc mower advice #23  
A Kubota MX5000 will be light in the front with a disc mower during transport especially. We have a Kubota M5700 4wd with loader and use an 8' disc mower on it. I doubt our MX 5100F would handle the weight of the 8' mower. Horsepower wise there's less than 10 hp difference between the two. We are very hilly here so the extra weight of the 5700 is helpful.

/ disc mower advice #24  
Weight is going to be the big issue in my opinion. I have a 5' 6" New Idea disc mower, and I have run it on a 23hp PTO McCormick compact and my 35hp PTO Deere 3720. Both tractors have enough power to run a good speed. The McCormick was about 3500# and my Deere is about 5000# . The cutter was pushing it for stability with the McCormick, but is fine with the 3720.

I also use a 9' New Idea disc mower at work on a Case/IH MXM 190 row-crop tractor which weighs over 17k pounds. The tractor has more than enough power, but the weight of that mower will bounce that full-size tractor around pretty good if you are not careful.

/ disc mower advice #25  
Simple solution is put disc mower on a caddy. Easier to attach to tractor,easier to transport with a tractor or pickup and IMHO follows contour of ground and corners better.

/ disc mower advice #26  
Simple solution is put disc mower on a caddy. Easier to attach to tractor,easier to transport with a tractor or pickup and IMHO follows contour of ground and corners better.

That would be a easy solution:thumbsup: cutter up all the way.JPG I now run the cutter behind a 7040 and it does fine without the loader on...

/ disc mower advice #27  
Hi gents, new to the forum. Looking fr a krone/Kuhn/ John Deere/ Massey ferguson disc mower with rubber roller conditioner. Apparently they are not sold in the USA right now for some reason. Both krone and Kuhn have nothing I the USA and if I order one now they will have one ready for 2014. That doesn't work for my hay season this year. Have any of you seem one in action?

/ disc mower advice #28  
Hi gents, new to the forum. Looking fr a krone/Kuhn/ John Deere/ Massey ferguson disc mower with rubber roller conditioner. Apparently they are not sold in the USA right now for some reason. Both krone and Kuhn have nothing I the USA and if I order one now they will have one ready for 2014. That doesn't work for my hay season this year. Have any of you seem one in action?
My neighbor had a NewHolland and seen Kuhn at another ranch being used. There was some local of each brand mentioned.

/ disc mower advice #29  
I am specifically looking for the 3-point hitch models. Not the trail behind.

/ disc mower advice #30  
I am specifically looking for the 3-point hitch models. Not the trail behind.
Nope never have seen anyone with the 3point kind or in a dealers lot. I guess the trail behinds are just more popular if won't the mower/conditioner around here.