I will never use poly twine again

/ I will never use poly twine again #31  
We went all plastic a few years back simply because of the supply of sisal is sort of irregular. I prefer sisal for squares, easier on my hands.

/ I will never use poly twine again #32  
It gets wound up in equipment and wrecks seals. I hate the stuff!

sisal and metal bailer wire will also wrap up on a shaft and hog a seal too... just sayin.

/ I will never use poly twine again #34  
By the time somebody gets around to fixing the leak, the sisal twine has rotted away and the cause remains a mystery.

probably so :)

I didn't think anyone in this county still tied bales with metal.. untill I was hogging and found some and spent an hour under my 10' hog ( propped up on a stump for safety ) with a pair of gas pliers unspooling it before it ate a seal... yummy stuff.. :)

/ I will never use poly twine again #35  

I didn't think anyone in this county still tied bales with metal..

I havent seen sisal for 15 years or so ....cant say i miss it !

/ I will never use poly twine again #36  
I used sisal for years but got tired of it rotting on the bottom of the rolls after just a few months. I like how it decomposes but the rolls lose their shape and get loose after it rots. They don't shed water as well. I switched to plastic many years ago and just have to make sure I pull all of it off the roll when I feed. The twine I use is bright yellow and not real hard to see.

/ I will never use poly twine again #37  
I buy straw from the amish up the road that is baled with wire. I guess the logic being to keep the mice from chewing through. I'm VERY careful where I put it after I cut off the bale. It is always useful later, just not around my shafts!!! :licking:

I didn't think anyone in this county still tied bales with metal.. untill I was hogging and found some and spent an hour under my 10' hog ( propped up on a stump for safety ) with a pair of gas pliers unspooling it before it ate a seal... yummy stuff.. :)

/ I will never use poly twine again #38  
yep.. bailing wire is like metal duct tape!

/ I will never use poly twine again #39  
Years ago, late 1980's, I did a couple internships at horse farms in Lexington Ky. They got in some alfalfa from out west with 3 wires on them, 150lb bales or better. I have a 1940 Case NL stationary baler that uses precut wire. I take in to threshing shows sometimes to display and bale a little straw. Most time we run it off a belt of a AC WD-45.

/ I will never use poly twine again #40  
The TSC in Hudson, NY stocks baling wire. Somebody must buy it or it would not be there.
But I haven't ever sold any twister parts for a NH wire tie baler.