Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please

/ Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please #91  
Re: Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please

Okay... here they are! :D

So far have 26 pumpkin seedlings sprouting up (out of the 300 or so seeds I put in the ground)... every day I have a few more coming. I'm not expecting too much, but this is a fun test to see what'll happen.:dance1:

View attachment 321200

:thumbsup:

Those were open pollinated Connecticut Field pumpkins right?

/ Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please
Re: Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please

:thumbsup:

Those were open pollinated Connecticut Field pumpkins right?

Yes sir! At least, that's what I paid for LOL, they might end up being turnips. Apparently, these are some fancy heirloom CFP strain from the 1700's. We'll see :confused3:

/ Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please #93  

Yes sir! At least, that's what I paid for LOL, they might end up being turnips. Apparently, these are some fancy heirloom CFP strain from the 1700's. We'll see :confused3:

Check it out we won first prize last year! :laughing:

turnip.jpg

I'm glad your having fun with it. Pumpkins are probably one of the greatest crops to grow...I've grown plenty. Look at a Rupp's catalog for pumpkins seed sometime. They must have 50 varieties not counting the specialty ones :D

/ Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please #94  

Did you end up haying ... Or ... Do the pumpkin, christmas trees proposal?

/ Looking to start growing & harvesting Hay - with a Compact Tractor. Advice please
Did you end up haying ... Or ... Do the pumpkin, christmas trees proposal?

No, I ended up sticking with the pumpkins (they're easy) and started a landscaping company instead ... one day if we get more property and more animals, I'll look into it again.

I appreciate all the help from this thread tho