Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma JM354

Default looking for Daveomak

There was a fellow maybe a year ago went by Daveomak. Is he still around? Did you get a drum mower, what happened? He was looking to get a Drum mower and was asking if any had input on them. Well, now, I'm lookin' to get a drum mower with the same questions. I'm mowing Orchard grass for horse hay. I have a china made 35 hp 4 wheel drive tractor to pull the thing. The videos that I've seen make them look good. Are they as good as the salespeople say they are? bjr

Tractor
    ford 5000/kubota m4800su

Default Re: looking for Daveomak

I have the same questions about drum mowers.I have looked into buying a reese brand drum mower the videos make them look great but i have never seen one in person i dont know anyone that has ever owned one and the nearest dealer is 3hrs away.I would like to know a little more before spending 6000$ on an 8' model.reese literature shows a 6'9" model requires 45-50hp and the 8' model requires 60hp so you would need a pretty small one for a 35hp tractor

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Default Re: looking for Daveomak

I know a guy running a SMI drum mower,it works good,seen him change blades was easy not a lot to it. Good for small acreage,I'm not real big on how it leaves it in a windrow for drying reasons. He has cut for 2 yrs no issues,except not running a cover and threw something threw side window. For the price they seem very nice...
    Last edited by foreman Etexas; 01-30-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: dang blackberry