cutting hay

/ cutting hay #21  
Ease of attachment to tractor is a big plus for me.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 167
   / cutting hay #22  
Do you realize how fast a tractor would have to go to cut 5 acres per hour with a 4 ft cutter?? 12+ MPH which is way to fast for my Fireant/gopher mound infested ground but you ground is probably smoother.

I would have to replace my tractor after one season running 12mph across my pastures..

/ cutting hay #23  
i have never used a caddy but i have owned several pull conditioners.i would much rather use 3 pt cutters .for your kubota tractor to handle the cutter easier be sure to set the tires all the way out front and back,use front weights and rear wheel weights.makes a big difference.

The biggest issues I had with the 3pt mount was: bending/breaking sway link pins and threaded adjustment bolts on the lower lift arms for the 3pt and it was a real PITA to hook up and get adjusted outward of the rear tire.

And I had a small Kuhn with a 5.5' cut.

I'd be lookin' for a caddy mount with a 9'-10' mower - seriously - especially with a 5,000lb tractor!

AKfish

/ cutting hay #24  
i do not understand right now i have a 9 foot comer bar mower and a 10 foot vicon both 3 pt and like them.i run the 10 foot on a 60 pto horsepower tractor as fast as you can sit on it.the 9 foot ,i usually run it on the 75 pto tractor.sometimes i put it on the 45 pto horsrepower mahindra.they are a little aggravating to hook up but when you lay the ground off like we do they are faster than a pull type.

/ cutting hay #25  
i do not understand right now i have a 9 foot comer bar mower and a 10 foot vicon both 3 pt and like them.i run the 10 foot on a 60 pto horsepower tractor as fast as you can sit on it.the 9 foot ,i usually run it on the 75 pto tractor.sometimes i put it on the 45 pto horsrepower mahindra.they are a little aggravating to hook up but when you lay the ground off like we do they are faster than a pull type.

No doubt... I could always go faster with a 3pt mount versus the pull-type! I could really go faster with either type - than good sense and field conditions - would allow... When I said that the 3pt mount was a PITA - once you got it set up - you had to continously monitor the sway links. If they worked loose (even double nutted) and they always did - you'd have cutter bar "slop" and it would wander; especially if you tried to add any extra speed. And once it was even a bit loose - those pins and adjustment bolts would take a beating.

My pull-type; once it's set up on the tractor - it's mow until you're low on fuel. 'Cause it's pretty much care-free beyond that! :thumbsup:

AKfish