hay tedder

/ hay tedder #1  

mekongrabbit

Tractor
John Deere 4400; New Holland TN65

I have not used a tedder before but recently purchased a used Galfre GTS 280 2-basket tedder. The heighth adjustment seems self explanatory; however, there are adjustments above each basket that appear to be gear ratio adjustments. Am I correct? What is the difference between moving the adjustment forward (toward the tractor) or moving it toward the rear? Which would be the preferred adjustment?

I could experiment with it but would rather get advice from someone who is familiar with this tedder or a similar machine. I have a 9 acre Coastal field in central SC and think this tedder will be adequate for my needs, or will allow me to "cut my teeth" until I can upgrade to another tedder that has a wider swath or is newer. I appreciate any help.

/ hay tedder #2  

I have not used a tedder before but recently purchased a used Galfre GTS 280 2-basket tedder. The heighth adjustment seems self explanatory; however, there are adjustments above each basket that appear to be gear ratio adjustments. Am I correct? What is the difference between moving the adjustment forward (toward the tractor) or moving it toward the rear? Which would be the preferred adjustment?

I could experiment with it but would rather get advice from someone who is familiar with this tedder or a similar machine. I have a 9 acre Coastal field in central SC and think this tedder will be adequate for my needs, or will allow me to "cut my teeth" until I can upgrade to another tedder that has a wider swath or is newer. I appreciate any help.

Google this Galfre GTS 280 2-basket tedder adjustments - Google Search

Right under your post which was crawled with Google 42 minutes ago look at the goodwin concepts page. A pdf manual will open
with info on the Galfre Tedder operation and parts.