Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bronze Member ROYCEWILLARDOKLAHOMA's Avatar
    Tractor
    MX 5100 KUBOTA 2012/

Default Re: VEMEER 505G

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    Andy
    I totally agree. My brother who had been a JD dealer from '53 to '88 sold out to larger conglomerate. A few yrs later my ex-SIL(brothers ex) was invited to sell out her dealership (acquired from divorce from my brother)to a larger conglomerate which was the same conglomerate that purchased my brothers dealership. IMHO JD company isn't the same friendly/helpful company especially for a small farmer as it was in the earlier years.
    Thats for sure, Sometimes The ones in Durant Oklahoma act like politicians or something, Like they want to treat you like a peasant . Even though they are the ones punching a time clock and working for the man.
    Willardskillard

Tractor
    MX 5100 KUBOTA 2012/

IMHO JD isn't the same company nor does it build the same quality equipment as it did years ago. But I'll match my JD 467 up against any other rd baler models.
    They make a very good baler, We have one also.
    Willardskillard

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Down here JD rd balers do over 90% of the baling

Tractor
    MX 5100 KUBOTA 2012/

Down here JD rd balers do over 90% of the baling
    I need to talk to one of you Men about choosing a roller pump. The one I bought may be too big for the job. What Im wanting to do is spray pastures , I bought the 6900 series delavan 8 roller 23 gallon a minute , and bought 2 nozzels and a 260 gallon tank . The nozzels are 1/2 inch and with #10 orfice . is this too much pump?
    Willardskillard

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by ROYCEWILLARDOKLAHOMA View Post
    I need to talk to one of you Men about choosing a roller pump. The one I bought may be too big for the job. What Im wanting to do is spray pastures , I bought the 6900 series delavan 8 roller 23 gallon a minute , and bought 2 nozzels and a 260 gallon tank . The nozzels are 1/2 inch and with #10 orfice . is this too much pump?
    Nozzles have a mim and max psi. The Regulating Bypass Valve, regulates the psi. When you have it set for the gals of water per acre the extra flow will bypass and go beck into the tank. I'm not sure how those wide band nozzles work, but it seems you'd need the same flow as 18" nozzles spaces on a 20 to 30 foot boom, if not more flow.

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by ROYCEWILLARDOKLAHOMA View Post
    That JD Baler you have is about the only thing they make anymore worth having, lol, They still have good balers. He can buy a set of belts for that vermeer though for about 600 dollars, Versus 3000 dollars for the Deere. Im glad this post was here though because I had a 504C given to me the other day. Now I know how to change belts. These are some old balers man.

That's a good price on the 504C. I'll take a 1/2 doz or so at that price. All tho I do believe that baler is closed throat

Tractor
    MX 5100 KUBOTA 2012/

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL52 View Post
    That's a good price on the 504C. I'll take a 1/2 doz or so at that price. All tho I do believe that baler is closed throat
    Yes its closed throat, The Old guy said the hay has to be dry, Absolutely has to be dry. Or you will be fighting it all day. But Im just starting out and I didnt want to be going and getting my dads baler all the time. And like you said at that price Lol I cant go wrong. He said as long as the hay is dry it will gobbel up anything I can drag it over though. But Im worried Ill be fighting it all summer. I will have a few people standing buy just in case it does not work, They will jump at the opprtunity just to come help bale for a cut. Its ryegrass mixed with vetch and yellow hop, and I fertilized it with ag lime and 17-6-6. No weeds at all. It would make horse hay.
    Willardskillard

Tractor
    John Deere

Is there any problem with running belts 2 inches shorter than vermeer recommends. What would the out come be. ie tighter bales, strain on baler, no difference. Your thoughts please. (504G)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234