VEMEER 505G

/ VEMEER 505G #1  

AndyL52

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere
How do I release the belt tension on the 504G to make belt repairs. Would be grateful for your input.

Thanks to TBN support with Briana, I can now post on here.

Andy

/ VEMEER 505G
That is a 504G, not a 505. opps

/ VEMEER 505G #3  
No book?

/ VEMEER 505G #4  
With the gate open you can chain the top and tension rollers together and then lower the tail gate part way or use a come along. I wish I had pictures.

/ VEMEER 505G #5  
Vermeer will send you free manuals.

/ VEMEER 505G
The manual I have, says nothing about taking tension off the belts. The dealer copied it off the net for me. I'll give Vemeer a call tomorrow and ask for one.
And try what DT86 says how to do it. Thanks

/ VEMEER 505G #9  
It is easy. Just open the tail gate about 60% open. You need a log chain and have it go around the top roller and back down the belt tighting arm roller. Stand inside the baler on top the belts and push the belt tightening roller up with your back and latch the log chain. This holds the belt tightener up. Get out of the baler and let the tail gate down to 40% and pull the locking knob on the front of the baler. Now it is safe to work inside the baler because this locks the tail gate. When the gate is lowered just this 20% the belts will be lose and you can easily work with them.

/ VEMEER 505G #10  
It is easy. Just open the tail gate about 60% open. You need a log chain and have it go around the top roller and back down the belt tighting arm roller. Stand inside the baler on top the belts and push the belt tightening roller up with your back and latch the log chain.

I would have thought Vermeer would have had a more "sophisticated way" to remove tension on the belts than a log chain. I'm glad I own a JD rd baler.