Vermeer 504G

/ Vermeer 504G #11  
We use the Clipper splices, the ones that look like rows of hog rings. Are those the ones TSC has?

That's what TSC has. They have the tool to put them on also. But you have to sell your baler to pay for the splicing tool. lol Well it's not that much, but the 6" is $150, and you'll need the 10" for the 504G

/ Vermeer 504G #12  
That's what TSC has. They have the tool to put them on also. But you have to sell your baler to pay for the splicing tool. lol Well it's not that much, but the 6" is $150, and you'll need the 10" for the 504G

Yeah and there is no way in the world you could ever lace a belt without the tool.
Have you checked with a dealer about redoing the ends? I had mine do one belt last summer, they were closer than my tools to the hay field. I think it was $10 plus what the Alligator clip cost.

/ Vermeer 504G
Just checking everything out today, had to replace the hoses for the hydraulic tie. When I run the tie arm to the right side and let off the hydraulics the arm creeps back to the left, is it supposed to do this or do I have a problem? How many wraps per end of bale snd how many in the middle,I guess I forgot to say this is my first round baler and don't know jack s@$t about them.

/ Vermeer 504G #14  
My JD has auto tie. The Vermeer has manual tie. So I'm just gonna try and mimic the JD an go from there. Then look at the wrap till I get what I want.

/ Vermeer 504G #15  
Just checking everything out today, had to replace the hoses for the hydraulic tie. When I run the tie arm to the right side and let off the hydraulics the arm creeps back to the left, is it supposed to do this or do I have a problem? How many wraps per end of bale snd how many in the middle,I guess I forgot to say this is my first round baler and don't know jack s@$t about them.

I just count to 7 or 8 on the end wraps and 5 on the inner ones, not 7 or 8 seconds, just counting. Play around until you get the results you like and remember saving two bales from falling apart will pay for another bundle of twine, but there is no need to put way too much either.

/ Vermeer 504G
Andy what possesed you to buy a vermeer when you have a John Deere. One reason I went with the vermeer was price and also what I've read on the net, mostly good things,some bad, but that's on all brands.

/ Vermeer 504G #17  
Andy what possessed you to buy a vermeer when you have a John Deere. One reason I went with the vermeer was price and also what I've read on the net, mostly good things,some bad, but that's on all brands.

lol, Just to be different really. I was looking for something priced low and close and this 504 won. I made a 500 mile round trip to get the 504. I found the local vermeer dealer is 35 miles farther than JD dealer. The vermeer people are way more friendly and will go outta the way to help you.

/ Vermeer 504G #18  
Just checking everything out today, had to replace the hoses for the hydraulic tie. When I run the tie arm to the right side and let off the hydraulics the arm creeps back to the left, is it supposed to do this or do I have a problem? .

Have you cycled twine arm cyl enough to purge all the air out after R&R hoses? The twine arm should stay where you stop it. Back when I baled with twine I tried to space the twine about 4 inches apart. The more twine you put on a bale the less water will penetrate and the better the bales stay together but then time and $$$ for twine enter into the picture.

/ Vermeer 504G
Jim, yes I cycled the arm several times after I installed the hoses, but it still drifts

/ Vermeer 504G #20  
Sounds as if the piston seal in the cylinder is leaking or the control valve is malfunctioning