Vermeer 504G

/ Vermeer 504G #1  

Varmint1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1010, JD 970, Farmall Super A,Komatsu D20A-5,Ford 4500,Ford 4000 forklift,Ford 640 w/703 loader
Just got this 504G yesterday, has a few minor problems (hoses,pickup teeth and probley some new belts)

image-3554005401.jpg

/ Vermeer 504G #2  
hope you dont have to much trouble getting the baler going.

/ Vermeer 504G #3  
I learned to bale hay on one of those! Ours was rebranded as Massey Ferguson however. I must say I do not miss it.

/ Vermeer 504G
Has anybody ever used the belts that Tractor Supply sells for the round balers?

/ Vermeer 504G #5  
Looks good. Looks like your's has paint in some of the same places mine needs it. Maybe someone closed the gate on a bale. Been all through mine, and will see how it bales before I change the belts. TSC is selling belts for .99 a foot. Don't have any Idea how good their belts are tho. If mine works out ok, and hay sales keep up, I'll sell or trade my JD 535 for a 4x5 or 6 after this season. I like the Vemeer dealer better than the john Deere people around here.

/ Vermeer 504G
Thanks AndyL, what year is your baler? They said mine is a 1981 but I really don't know. I think I might try the belts from TS. What size tractor you got to pull your baler?

/ Vermeer 504G
Where can I get a good splicer tool from? I've seen the ones at TS but don't know how we'll they will work

/ Vermeer 504G #9  
Thanks AndyL, what year is your baler? They said mine is a 1981 but I really don't know. I think I might try the belts from TS. What size tractor you got to pull your baler?

I don't know for sure. It's 1980 or 81 they said. s/r# is gone. Gonna pull it with a 68 hp tractor. 60 pto hp.

Andy

/ Vermeer 504G #10  
Where can I get a good splicer tool from? I've seen the ones at TS but don't know how we'll they will work

We use the Clipper splices, the ones that look like rows of hog rings. Are those the ones TSC has?