Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

Default HD Parts on Kuhn GMD77 Mower?

I just purchased an older used & abused Kuhn GMD77 mower.

I'm trying to get it ready for haying season.

Several of the disks seem to be a bit warped, so the blades go above the next disk, rather than below, or right next to it. The slots to keep the blade bolts from spinning are also worn.

I can probalby get them straightened out on an anvil. However, it may not be a bad idea to get a few new parts.

So, the question is whether I can use GMD77HD disks on the GMD77 mower? I'd rather not replace all the disks now. Balance shouldn't be a big issue as they are all in line.

As far as I can tell, the HD disks are designed so that the blade is supported at the top and bottom with a through bolt, rather than the bolt just going through the blade and into the bottom of the disk.

What mower disks can swap with the GMD44, 55, 66, 77 series? Newer Kuhn? John Deere?

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Default Re: HD Parts on Kuhn GMD77 Mower?

I had a GMD44 for a couple of years. I ordered a set of cutter bar feet to raise the bar off the ground and leave more stubble. Ordered the parts thru my local JD dealer and they were for the equivalent JD model - memory is a little fuzzy - but seem to remember it was for a JD 260 disc mower.

Parts showed up - 'course they didn't fit.. Just like a 1/2" off or something. I wanna think that it was because the JD was English and the Kuhn (made in France) was metric.

Anyway, they were special order and the dealer wanted nothing to do with 'em...

Take home there... stay with the same breed of horse you're ridin' - IMO.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."