Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer?

/ Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer? #1  

Timm250

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 w/1600 hrs., Case Farmall 95 w/800 hrs., Long 2510 w/1100 hrs, Cat 236B2 Skidsteer w/1000 hrs
I am looking to buy a trailed disc mower. I want to go to something that I can back up to, be hooked up & ready to go in 5-10 minutes.

I have narrowed it down to either the Vermeer TM850 or a Kuhn GMD 3150TL. They compare pretty well but the Vermeer is about $3000 more than the Kuhn. Does anyone know anything about either of these?

I have been using a New Holland H6750, 9'-3pt hitch disc mower & before that I used a Bush Hog DM80 3pt hitch disc mower. I will be replacing the H6750 & will be putting it up for sale.

/ Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer? #2  
I can't speak directly about either disc mower. However, I have owned a couple of Kuhn disc mowers for several years, now. Have had zero problems. Very straightforward to use and maintain. Blade replacement is a snap and the replacement blades and hardware for a NH will/does work just fine, too.

AKfish

/ Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer?
What us the model # of your disc mower? The Bush Hog mower I had was really tough. I cut 3-400 acres per year with it for 13 years. I still use it but there is a small crack in the gear box. It leaks about a quart of gear oil out about every 4 hours.

/ Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer? #4  
Timm250
My contracted hay cutter man bought a new Vermeer TM800 several yrs back. It was a very good machine that cut good and the quick change blades are easy to change. Several yrs after that I bought a Vermeer 7030(3 pt model) on a caddy and I like it vey well.

Attachments

• disc.jpg
    disc.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,927
   / Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer? #5  
Kuhn FC 250G. 8'2" cut. Minimum 55hp @ pto.

AKfish

Attachments

• Mow2012.JPG
    Mow2012.JPG
    397.1 KB · Views: 1,151
   / Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer? #6  
Both look nice.

I like the idea of metal flashing on the Kuhn rather than an all vinyl skirt/curtain. Any chance it would lower the cost of consumables?

10' wide sounds pretty wide for transport width of a non-conditioning mower.

Those on a caddy would be much narrower for travelling down the road or through gates, I think.

/ Trailed Disc Mower-Kuhn or Vermeer? #7  
Both look nice.

I like the idea of metal flashing on the Kuhn rather than an all vinyl skirt/curtain. Any chance it would lower the cost of consumables?

10' wide sounds pretty wide for transport width of a non-conditioning mower.

Those on a caddy would be much narrower for travelling down the road or through gates, I think.

The hitch offsets and locks into a travel position - similar to the hitch on many square balers. Places the cutter bar more or less directly behind the tractor. The "G" does have the finger conditioners as well. (More hp required..)

AKfish