New Disc Mower delivered Friday

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #1  

Timm250

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 w/1600 hrs., Case Farmall 95 w/800 hrs., Long 2510 w/1100 hrs, Cat 236B2 Skidsteer w/1000 hrs
I have been looking for a new disc mower & I had narrowed it down to a Vermeer TM850 or a Kuhn GMD 3150TL. I chose the Kuhn based on price & recommendations from others that use them. Here are some pics & I'm ready to try it out soon but it will probably at least 6-8 weeks before I have any hay ready to cut..

20130401_180046.jpg
20130401_180124.jpg
20130401_180140.jpg

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #3  
thats 1 nice looking cutter you have there.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #4  
Great looking cutter you got there..

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #5  
Congrats on your brand spankin' new cutter! Kuhn builds good hay equipment.. Deere likes 'em enough they re-paint 'em!

AKfish

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday
I'm hoping this one will last a long time. The best part will be hooking it up to the tractor.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #7  
Congratulations that's a beautiful machine. I have a 3 point disc am thinking about upgrading I was thinking about a bigger mower and a caddie but looking at the prices I wonder if I would be better off with what you have. What iscthe cost on that Thanks and good luck with it

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #8  
the pull type mowers are $4000 to $8000 or more than the mower/caddy setup.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday
This mower was about the same price as buying the 3pt hitch mower + caddy & this set up will turn a lot shorter than the caddy. I talked to a couple of people that own the caddy & they said they would buy the pull type next time.

/ New Disc Mower delivered Friday #10  
This mower was about the same price as buying the 3pt hitch mower + caddy & this set up will turn a lot shorter than the caddy. I talked to a couple of people that own the caddy & they said they would buy the pull type next time.

I agree that the price difference between a PT hay cutter & 3 pt model on a caddy will be close. I can't see how the PT will turn sharper than the 3 pt on a caddy. If I time my 3 pt on a caddy correctly I can turn a 90 degree corner and leave very little to no hay standing