Tractor
    John Deere 3150

Default Turkay tedders

Hey I'm in the market for a good 4 basket tedder. I've ran across a Turkay 4 basket hydraulic tedder that looks brand new. I don't know much about these tedders. There is however a local dealer that's sells and services them here. From what I can see they seem to be really heavy built tedders. Much heavier than the Walton I currently use. I'm wandering is there anyone out there that can give me any heads up on these?

Tractor
    John Deere

Default Re: Turkay tedders

Guess you're on your own.

Dose it look like this, http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings...x?OHID=7004179

Don't know anything about that brand, but it looks ok. With a local dealer for service/parts, I'd get it if the price is right. Sense you're getting no replys here, check with the repair guys at the dealer. They should be willing to give you the pros and cons on it.

Tractor
    John Deere 3150

Yes as a matter of fact that is the exact tedder I'm looking at. That dealership is about 30mins from my house. Although they don't service them there they is another dealer close by that does.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

My advice would be to buy 2 at that price and you will always be glad you did. Basic tines and tires and tine arms are about all you will find in stock. The frame and other major parts will probably be on the next container coming in, which is usually 3-6 months out. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055

Quote Originally Posted by bsrfarms97 View Post
    Hey I'm in the market for a good 4 basket tedder. I've ran across a Turkay 4 basket hydraulic tedder that looks brand new. I don't know much about these tedders. There is however a local dealer that's sells and services them here. From what I can see they seem to be really heavy built tedders. Much heavier than the Walton I currently use. I'm wandering is there anyone out there that can give me any heads up on these?
    There are hundreds of these tedders running in the USA. These tedders have been sold in Europe for 16 years. This is an 18'3" tedder. This machine pictured does not have the larger 18.5 x 850-8 HWY speed rated tires like the current machine but they can be installed. The current model has the automatic hydraulic tilt and fold standard. Bittersweet Tractors tends to be negative about any brand he does not have ability to sell.
    Turkay tedders-554-front.jpg

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

Quote Originally Posted by sweettractors View Post
    My advice would be to buy 2 at that price and you will always be glad you did. Basic tines and tires and tine arms are about all you will find in stock. The frame and other major parts will probably be on the next container coming in, which is usually 3-6 months out. Ken Sweet
    I would think that most "frame" repairs would be just repaired, rather than replaced. Hopefully the frame won't break unless you run into a tree with it.

Small bearings and bushings would be sourced locally.

Undoubtedly there are some shafts or something that could wear or break, but hopefully the dealer would be aware of any proprietary part that would tend to wear out.