Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240

Default Re: Looking for new square baler

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    I have seen 575's listed for less in very good condition. If your not in a hurry keep looking around or try to negotiate the price a little more Should be able to find a good one in the $9k range. I paid $7500 for my 575 with 72 thrower 8 years ago. The only problems I have had with it was with the thrower and RickB helped me finally figure out what was wrong. Someone "repaired" it before I bought it and didn't do it properly and it kept causing failures. Since Rick told me what was the problem it has not failed me since. The baler has ran great. The first year was a learning experience but since then I've been extremely happy with it.
    Was your issue with the flywheel breaking off?

A friend of mine bought a NH with the 72 a couple of years ago and that happened. We had the dealer rebuild the upper belt assembly and it happened again after just a couple of hundred bales. This time the side plates twisted and sucked into the roller.

If this was your issue how did you solve it?

In his case I rebuilt it the 2nd time and had a friend of mine mill the flywheel for a taper lock bushing. I also added some spacers between the roller and the side plates. So far so good, but who knows long term. To me it's a poor design that they neck the roller shaft down where the flywheel mounts. They should have left the shaft the full dia and used a better system than 2 set screws to hold the flywheel on.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyho View Post
    Thanks for the info I appreciate all of your input. I found a nice 570 with a 72 thrower looked in real nice condition kept in the barn didn't need anything has electric thrower control no hydro bale tension he's looking for 10,500 probably going to pull the trigger
    I ran the serial number of a 570 with 72 thrower for a customer of mine yesterday. That baler is for sale in Orange County, NY and is several years older than it is represented to be. Here's a tip; The FORD blue oval disappeared from NH equipment no later than Jan 1, 2000.

May not be the same baler, and the one you are looking at can still be worth the asking price.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post

I ran the serial number of a 570 with 72 thrower for a customer of mine yesterday. That baler is for sale in Orange County, NY and is several years older than it is represented to be. Here's a tip; The FORD blue oval disappeared from NH equipment no later than Jan 1, 2000.

May not be the same baler, and the one you are looking at can still be worth the asking price.
    Rick, if it's possible and you don't mind would you be willing to check the year on mine? I'm mostly just curious.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Rick, if it's possible and you don't mind would you be willing to check the year on mine? I'm mostly just curious.
    PM me the baler serial number.

Tractor
    John deere5520

Thanks Rick he said it was a 2004-image-jpg

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota

As Rick said either late 1998 or 1999, no later than January 1, 2000 the Ford was gone from NH equipment, so the machine is al least 1999. Although I thought it might have been even further than that that the name was dropped. Fiat had 10 years to do so and they bought it I think in 1990.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I don't care what he said. Does it have a Randall sticker on the far side and another dealer sticker on the chamber side?

I'll bet this is the same baler my customer committed to, then backed out of when he found out the true age.
    Last edited by RickB; 04-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by jagyzf View Post
    As Rick said either late 1998 or 1999, no later than January 1, 2000 the Ford was gone from NH equipment, so the machine is al least 1999. Although I thought it might have been even further than that that the name was dropped. Fiat had 10 years to do so and they bought it I think in 1990.
    IIRC it was closer to 1994. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact number I was given. 500 series balers came out in 1988 and the pictured one here has the earliest graphics the series had, including the obvious blue oval. A 2004 machine would have the NH leaf in the same location and probably decals with a black background. 2008 was the last year for these models.

Tractor
    John deere5520

As a matter of fact it did have a Randall eq sticker on it. You are the Sherlock homes of the baler world. LOL. I'm still looking there are a lot of balers out there. Thanks again for all your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12