how good r gehl round balers

/ how good r gehl round balers #1  
Tractor
5083e and a 520 john deere
My dad is looking in to buying a 2006 gehl 5x5 round baler. we bale about 90 bales a year we do not use wrap or net wrap just string. I am not sure of the price but what is a baler like this worth and is it a good baler. I am un sure on how many bales it has baled but we knew the guy that traded it in and he took good care of it.

/ how good r gehl round balers #2  
All the hay baling I did, in the late 90s, was with a Gehl. It made bales 5' wide and could be set for a diameter of 3' to 6'. But my neighbor bought it new in either 1996 or 1997, so I liked it, but I don't know about the later models, or the availability of parts, and such things.

/ how good r gehl round balers #3  
I would see if I could get parts 1st. If someone made it for Gehl see if you can cross reference the parts. If it is a Gehl made machine, probably want to look at something different. Gehl no longer makes AG machinery and does not support it. A friend of mine bought a Gehl forage chopper brand new right before it was known they were getting out of the ag. Had something fail in it and had to buy a whole new chopper because he could not fix his. His couldn't have been more than 3-4 years old at the most.

I don't know what failed, I only asked him because his was parked in the weeds and he now has a New Holland. That was at least 3-4 years ago. I think it was 2006 or 7 that Gehl stopped with the farm machinery.

/ how good r gehl round balers #4  
I would see if I could get parts 1st. If someone made it for Gehl see if you can cross reference the parts. If it is a Gehl made machine, probably want to look at something different. Gehl no longer makes AG machinery and does not support it. A friend of mine bought a Gehl forage chopper brand new right before it was known they were getting out of the ag. Had something fail in it and had to buy a whole new chopper because he could not fix his. His couldn't have been more than 3-4 years old at the most.

I don't know what failed, I only asked him because his was parked in the weeds and he now has a New Holland. That was at least 3-4 years ago. I think it was 2006 or 7 that Gehl stopped with the farm machinery.

All true and Gehl round balers are of their own unique design. There is no good reason to go out and buy Gehl hay equipment regardless of how good it is/was. No parts support sucks.