pros and cons of net wrap ?

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #11  
...im looking at a rebel 5410 .. they say ? my little tn60a with 48pto .. will run it ok.

It might be able to, but I wouldn't want to.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #12  
The only disadvantage for me with the wrap is that by the time I dump it in its spot and can walk around it four or five times to unwind the wrap, I'm fighting cows and trying to keep from getting trampled. If its twine I can usually cut across the bottom with my pocket knife quickly and go around to the other side and pull em out before to many cows get there. Of course y'all may know a better way.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #13  
We bale 3000 odd bales a year (hay and straw) to sell and personally i still use twine for cost but baling straw behind rotary combines on a dry year net is nice to hold the bales together as straw is smashed up very short and occasionally a twine bale will just bust open as soon as it leaves the baler ...The hesston 3x3x8 big square balers seem to bale it ok when it's like this !

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #14  
with two wraps about 120 to 140 depending on the length of the rolls

I figure around 200 bales per roll for 4x5 bales and product cost of around $1.25 based on a 10,000 foot roll at $235.

A generous wrap of plastic twine will run about $0.25 per bale.

Last edited:
   / pros and cons of net wrap ? #15  
The only disadvantage for me with the wrap is that by the time I dump it in its spot and can walk around it four or five times to unwind the wrap, I'm fighting cows and trying to keep from getting trampled. If its twine I can usually cut across the bottom with my pocket knife quickly and go around to the other side and pull em out before to many cows get there. Of course y'all may know a better way.

Ever try a good sharp knife on the net? Cuts as well or better than twine.

Just think how many times you would have to walk around that bale to unwind twine!!

Last edited:
   / pros and cons of net wrap ? #16  
I bale with a JD 467 and my netwrap costs less the cost of twine is about $1 per bale. In addition to what rancher1974 stated about netwrap if one can raise bale off the ground to cut netwrap it's much easier to remove from bale than twine. Netwrap is about 25% faster baling time which can add up especially if it's looking like it might rain. If one is selling hay it gives the bales eye appeal to help sales.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #17  
Go with the net wrap. Its so much faster, looks better, wastle less, and sells better if your selling it. If you're feeding it or plastic twine wrapped bales, be sure to take it off the bale and out of the field with you. I make most of my living doing contract work on other peoples property. Plastic wrap and plastic twine have cost me thousands if not tens of thousands in repairs from that stuff left in fields and wrapping up on unseen shafts on my equipment. Even final drve seals on two of my tractors, one combine, and both sides of one dozer were eaten up with this twine and wrap.
Like i said get the net wrap, you will be very pleased with it. Sorry i got a lil sidetracked there.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ?
ok..ill go with the net wrap.
im pretty sure I'll be happy .. from what all of you are telling me.
thanks

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #20  
I figure around 200 bales per roll for 4x5 bales and product cost of around $1.25 based on a 10,000 foot roll at $235.

A generous wrap of plastic twine will run about $0.25 per bale.

That is what I get with a roll of net wrap and that's wrapping 3.25 times

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet