pros and cons of net wrap ?

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #31  
Some will not agree with me. Every situation is different. I use hay rings and leave the wrap on the bales. Take knife (machete) and cut wrap across the bale and peel it back. I may feed here a couple time before moving rings to another location. I then pick up the net wrap. I have a 30 gallon drum on fel to put wrap in. And, no, I do not have trouble getting net in cow hooves.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #32  
I run a 5410 with a Kubota M7040(64pto) its matched good. I have the net. and string,usually string the bales that are not as good grass in areas,just so I know but I prefer the net. for baling and feeding. I wont to say my baler new last year was around 19,500 with net,expert.bale monitor... rebel 5410.jpg

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #33  
Everyone around here is going to and likes net, I prefer feeding twine but net does make a nicer bale, and with balage I think it keeps better. Just my observations though.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ?
thanks guys....
looks likely I'll buy a rebel 5410 net and twine.. next spring..
in the meantime .. i just bought a 1992 ? ... john deere 2755 with a jd245 loader...
didn't want the loader .. but he wouldn't separate them... i wanted the tractor . i know the guy . and it was
local .. and has only 1900 hrs on it..
this tractor should pull the rebel baler no problems.. dyno says 78pto and motor 92hp...
a wee bit better than what tractor data . com says..

peabody

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #35  
Oh yeah, that is plenty tractor. We used to pull a Rebel behind our 2355 with no problems.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #36  
I like the stuff. It seems to protect the bales better and is easier for me to take off.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #37  
I find the twine easier to remove, at time of feeding. It also seems to hold the bales better during movement. I seem to be in the minority here, but thought I'd add my opinion, FWIW. I put a tarp over the bales, if they will sit out, so protection from weather is a non issue, for me.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #38  
farmgirl19
When you feed bales do you remove twine with bales supported in air or sitting on the ground? I support bales in the air and I can have Netwrap off and back in tractor before you can find all the strings to get them removed especially if string 4"s apart or less

/ pros and cons of net wrap ?
I find the twine easier to remove, at time of feeding. It also seems to hold the bales better during movement. I seem to be in the minority here, but thought I'd add my opinion, FWIW. I put a tarp over the bales, if they will sit out, so protection from weather is a non issue, for me.

this year.. i think I'll cover my bales too.. ive still got some room on the lean2 off the side of the barn.
i could cover up to 25 bales i think.. for the nasty freezing icy days...

1936 avery ?

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #40  
farmgirl19
When you feed bales do you remove twine with bales supported in air or sitting on the ground? I support bales in the air and I can have Netwrap off and back in tractor before you can find all the strings to get them removed especially if string 4"s apart or less

Usually on the ground, with tractor moved out of path of livestock. I'm sure the last bale that I fed, has net still out there, that I'll have to find an clean up, before I run a brush hog over it! Doesn't take me long to cut and remove the twine, and I don't have to worry about cattle acting silly and knocking me into a hay fork, or something, if on the ground and tractor clear.