pros and cons of net wrap ?

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #51  
Just for you, peabody! If I ever win the lottery, she will be my restore project. My granddad bought her new, in 1936. Then dad got her, and now she is mine!

/ pros and cons of net wrap ?
Just for you, peabody! If I ever win the lottery, she will be my restore project. My granddad bought her new, in 1936. Then dad got her, and now she is mine!

.... :)
farmgirl...... now ........THAT....... is just too cool !!!!

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #54  

Are you sure about the purchase date? I thought that B F Avery's were not built until the 40's. It would be neat to own Grandpa's tractor.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #55  
Are you sure about the purchase date? I thought that B F Avery's were not built until the 40's. It would be neat to own Grandpa's tractor.

Yes, I am very sure. Even know that 2 plow mules were traded in on her, and the kids cried, because the mules were leaving to go work the rice fields in Louisiana. She was the first piece of motorized farm equipment on the family farm, when my dad was a small child.

When I came along, I rode in dad's lap on her, until I was old enough to reach the pedals myself.

I'm not sure anyone will appreciate her as much when I am gone, but she isn't going anywhere, as long as I can keep her! She and I "share a bond".

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #56  
Which model is your B F Avery A,R,BF,BFW,BFD,BFS,BFH,BG or V??

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #57  
Which model is your B F Avery A,R,BF,BFW,BFD,BFS,BFH,BG or V??

There were actually 2 Avery Companies in the same era. One was Avery Farm Productions, and the other was a part of the Cleveland Tractor Company. Mine is from the Cleveland line and is the model GG. She still has her plate on her frame!

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #58  
You know, it becomes confusing, and some sources say the GG wasn't in production until 1939, but my dad wasn't even 4 years old when this tractor arrived. He was a Dec. '32 baby.

So, I am not sure what to tell those of you wanting more info. I guess memories of graddad and dad could have been off, but they were both sharp as ever, until the day they died.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #59  
There were actually 2 Avery Companies in the same era. One was Avery Farm Productions, and the other was a part of the Cleveland Tractor Company. Mine is from the Cleveland line and is the model GG. She still has her plate on her frame!

I knew there were 2 different Avery Co's but I didn't know Avery was part of Cleveland Tractor Co.

/ pros and cons of net wrap ? #60  
Tx Jim; I never thought about it much, as I really am "Technologically Challenged", but one of these days, I'll go searching and see what I can find out about her particulars, from her serial number, if records still exist for that. If I find something interesting, I'll start a new thread about the Avery, so y'all will know where to be looking.

I love her, no matter, but with today's ability to search things, it could be fun!