Suggestions needed ..

/ Suggestions needed .. #1  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
I've a newly acquired 5 acre hay field. The problem is it's shape. An equilateral triangle... Not a huge problem when cutting clockwise until the last two acres or so.. The then shape becomes impossible to continue cutting without backing or making wide turns. :confused: I'm using a NH 477 haybine , a NH 256 rake and a NH 310 baler with wagon.

Any thoughts on a cutting/raking/baling strategy?

/ Suggestions needed .. #2  
Do you remember (you might be too young) those handwriting lessons in early grade school when the exercise was to make a chain of circles - like a tumble weed rolling across a field? Of course, you were supposed to stay within the top and bottom lines with your "running circles".

What if you started out clockwise and when you reached the top of the triangle you turned just wide enough to leave standing a more or less equal the swath distance for your return cut. You'd be leapfrogging your last cut - across the field.

Make any sense..?

AKfish

/ Suggestions needed .. #3  
I have a similar field and for the last part I mow every other side to allow more turning room. Basicly I mow 2 sides per round, hope this makes sence, it works but still has down time.