2013 Hay Season

/ 2013 Hay Season #111  
I believe the diameter is six feet.. and the wide is four and five,, so the 5x6 is 1.25 larger than the 4x6.:). 113.04 vs 141.3,, Lou

Ahhh, well that would throw things off then. I was wondering if I had that right. I was thinking the 6' was the width, and the 4' or 5' was the diameter. If that's the case, they you are correct. See, I told you I wasn't a hay genius! :)

/ 2013 Hay Season #112  
Ahhh, well that would throw things off then. I was wondering if I had that right. I was thinking the 6' was the width, and the 4' or 5' was the diameter. If that's the case, they you are correct. See, I told you I wasn't a hay genius! :)

:laughing: it does help if you have that information.. Lou

/ 2013 Hay Season #114  
oh yeah i forgot to add this to my 1st 2 above posts.last year the field we are finishing up made 104 4 by 6 bales.where as this year itll make 90 5 by 6s or more.so that means its more hay this year.

yep,, 90 5x6's would be = to 112.5 4x6's.. Lou

/ 2013 Hay Season #115  
oh yeah i forgot to add this to my 1st 2 above posts.last year the field we are finishing up made 104 4 by 6 bales.where as this year itll make 90 5 by 6s or more.so that means its more hay this year.

In reality how many 4 ft wide bales a field made last year in comparison to how many 5 ft wide bales this year is irrelevant to tons of hay produced because there's too many variables such as rainfall amount,different growth rates of crop from yr to yr,moisture content of hay when baled.

/ 2013 Hay Season #116  
Lou, we were in the same shape 2-3 years ago. Sorry to hear it.
We do have plenty of hay this year. Truck are coming from Seminole, TX to pick up hay here next week.

Me too. Evidently, the demand is there. This guy has his own trucks. He just called and is coming tomorrow. From what I can tell, he's buying from me, transporting it himself, then selling it on the other end. I think he already has it sold. And, good for him. It's good for me too.
Well, it's done.
We loaded the trailers late Thursday evening and he left out Friday morning. Just talked to him and said he got home with it all OK. No problems.
He said that he was going to get his horse to "test" it later today. :D
I'm glad it all went well for him, and I'm glad my barn is nearly empty. Time to go to work again!! I'll probably start cutting in the next few days.

/ 2013 Hay Season #117  
In our area, there are many fields where the hay was baled and the rains came again. I have seen fields with hundreds of bales left out without cover. We have had downpours for almost a week. Some areas East of us received 3 inches of rain yesterday.

/ 2013 Hay Season #118  
In our area, there are many fields where the hay was baled and the rains came again. I have seen fields with hundreds of bales left out without cover. We have had downpours for almost a week. Some areas East of us received 3 inches of rain yesterday.[/QUOTE

We not getting a lot of rain now, but getting a shower every afternoon. Calling for rain everyday till next weekend. I am so far behind.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ 2013 Hay Season #119  
We not getting a lot of rain now, but getting a shower every afternoon. Calling for rain everyday till next weekend. I am so far behind.
Same here, we've had a short down pour every afternoon except for one day it misted all morning. It was such a fine mist you could hardly see it through the windows, had to be outside. It's the only time I remember it being like that.

I was thinking of cutting all day today until I saw the forecast... 40% chance or better every day for the next 7 days. FML :(

/ 2013 Hay Season #120  
We got pounded with rain Thursday night and showers since then. At my house over 4" of rail. From at least Oneida NY out through Albany and well to the south major flooding. One woman is believed to be dead when her house was washed away. It's suppose to keep raining every day for the next week. Shurburne, NY is well south of me and flooding down there. Roads washed out or covered with gravel, dirt, and water.

For the past 2 days I've been helping pump out and clean out some family members basements. It was an adventure to get to them with so many roads closed.

If the weather pattern holds, we won't have hay because we can not get onto the fields.