Transporting a baler

/ Transporting a baler #1  

Dirtyho

Tractor
John deere5520
Just looking for suggestions on transporting a nh 570 baler with a thrower. I'm looking at one it's about a hour from my house too far to pull home. I think if I put it on a trailer I would be over width. I know it's doable just not sure how. The police dot are brutal around here otherwise I would just make a run for it. :Thanks for any imput

/ Transporting a baler #2  
If it were my baler I'd check the air in the tires and tow it home. I've towed many different pieces of equipment many miles. A few I can think of are a feed grinder/mixer 400 miles and a 27 ft fold tandem disk 250 miles. Loading a sq baler on a trailer is a PIA.

/ Transporting a baler #3  
Just looking for suggestions on transporting a nh 570 baler with a thrower. I'm looking at one it's about a hour from my house too far to pull home. I think if I put it on a trailer I would be over width. I know it's doable just not sure how. The police dot are brutal around here otherwise I would just make a run for it. :Thanks for any imput

If it is not waay too wide, you can set it slightly diagonally on the trailer to get it under 8 1/2 ft and maybe remove 1 or 2 tires. Making a run towing is not a bad idea if the tires are good and spindles are greased. Ken Sweet

/ Transporting a baler #4  
I would just tow it home. Like the others said, check the tires and wheel hubs for slack and pull it. I have pulled several large implements over 100 miles to get em home.

/ Transporting a baler #5  
If its any consolation, i was pretty nervous about towing a NH 499 home. It cuts 12' wide and is probably actually closer to 14' total width. Towed it 38 miles home, only took me two hours! Went through two towns and boy did I learn the meaning of "nervous as a ***** in church" !! but no ill effects, and the traffic was pretty forgiving on an saturday. Just stay off the interstate. I think you are allowed 14' from sun up to sun down for implements of husbandry, atleast in pa.

/ Transporting a baler
I would tow it but I will have to cross the Hudson river which means I have to go through a toll booth and go on the interstate aleast for a couple of miles I think I'll have to go with kens suggestion thanks

/ Transporting a baler #7  
We tow them over an hour away all the time! Even from central NY to Orange county!

/ Transporting a baler #8  
OP, do you have another route that you can take? Oversize loads have to be able to move between states but they are not allowed through toll booths. So there has to be another route, just might take a little longer is all. Take a sunday and travel the scenic route! :) If you are planning on breaking it down, make sure you allowed plenty of time and help and tools to get it loaded, torn down, put back together and unloaded. A good plan will save you alot of frustration! most balers the thrower comes off pretty easily. you may be able to get away with it just backed up on the trailer. The toll booth should list the max width to fit through it somewhere on their website as well.

/ Transporting a baler #9  

Check the baler length to see if the baler will fit legally sideways on your trailer when you remove the hitch. That's you're only recourse if you absolutely have to trailer it. Loading it sideways will take some innovations. I'd check YouTube to see if you can find some help with your problem.

/ Transporting a baler #10  
Baler will not fit crossways with tounge removed without protruding over side of trailer. Only way baler will come close to fitting on an 8' wide trailer is at an angle. They are a PIA to load and you could have it nearly towed home by the time one gets it's loaded and tied down. BTDT