Put together a 3 pt rake.

/ Put together a 3 pt rake. #1  
I bought a 3 pt rake from a guy near me. It's a 2 wheel 3 pt hitch rake. He bought it from an auction and never used it so it was in parts when I bought it. I put it together as I thought it should go but couldn't get it to rake properly. I can get it to rake on the left side but it seems backwards and when I switch it around it just won't work. Is it possible it's left handed? Or is it just put together wrong. I will post pics tomorrow as it got late tonight as I was tinkering with it. Anyone with photos or advice would help lots. Otherwise ill just go on the left side for now. Thanks

/ Put together a 3 pt rake. #2  
Can't even think about it without pics. :)

Bruce

/ Put together a 3 pt rake. #3  
Or is it a hay rake like this:

new_holland_tedder_hay_rake_3500_creswell_27766501.jpg

/ Put together a 3 pt rake.
My rake looks alot like like this but I can't get a good view if the wheel arm area. Ill post pics tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• image-190212446.jpg
    image-190212446.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 167
   / Put together a 3 pt rake. #5  
2 wheel rakes that I've seen are called windrow turners. They were not intended to be used to rake unraked hay.

/ Put together a 3 pt rake. #6  
+1 on windrow turner.the wheels could still be on backwards.

/ Put together a 3 pt rake. #7  
I use a wheel rake to rake alfalfa.... The end of the tines should be pointed in the direction of travel.... They only work on one side of the tractor, unless you unbolt the wheel from the spindle and turn it around to work the other side of the tractor.... The rake wheels are usually left or right handed... And I use it to turn and merge windrows.... works well.... I can drive slow so I'm not beating the leaves off of the alfalfa... Set up properly, they are a very good tool...