bale thrower and an open sided wagon

/ bale thrower and an open sided wagon #11  
Don't recall seeing balers with kickers pulling bale wagons either with or without sides around here. All the guys hereabouts use bale turners on the end of the chute and pick up the bales with used New Holland bale stackers (either self propelled or the towed kind). I cringe at the thought of a flying 100+ pound 3-twine bale whacking me in the head :(.
We do much lighter bales (35-45# two twine) and sometimes we stack our wagons. I prefer to kick into a empty wagon as I can go faster without having to worry about a stacker in the wagon (either hitting them or knocking them over). A stacked wagon holds 120-140 bales and a kicked wagon holds ~100 bales.

Aaron Z

/ bale thrower and an open sided wagon #12  
We do much lighter bales (35-45# two twine) and sometimes we stack our wagons. I prefer to kick into a empty wagon as I can go faster without having to worry about a stacker in the wagon (either hitting them or knocking them over). A stacked wagon holds 120-140 bales and a kicked wagon holds ~100 bales.

Aaron Z

What size wagons are you using? My 8*18's hold 130 kicked and 180 stacked, the 9*18's hold 20 more.

/ bale thrower and an open sided wagon #14  
They are ~8x16 with 8 or 9 foot sides

Aaron Z

I've never liked that size. Just seemed like they filled up too quickly. I want to add a couple 9x20's. A while ago I saw someone building 9x24's I think down in Ohio and those would be great. Just need a heavy enough gear under them with good tires as it will hold a lot of hay.

/ bale thrower and an open sided wagon #15  
I've never liked that size. Just seemed like they filled up too quickly. I want to add a couple 9x20's. A while ago I saw someone building 9x24's I think down in Ohio and those would be great. Just need a heavy enough gear under them with good tires as it will hold a lot of hay.
The running gear for our wagons is too short to go longer, but if we went much bigger, it would be too big for the L3830 to pull behind the baler.

Aaron Z

/ bale thrower and an open sided wagon #16  
We have one that is 8.5 x 21 and we usually put 270 bales on it if we stay below the sides or 290 if we put and extra layer. I much prefer using our 27 ft trailer for big loads like this.