The old girl can still cut up a hay field

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #1  

hoffmtim

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5093e; 1949 John Deere MT; 1972 John Deere 800 windrower, restored; 2001 567 John Deere baler; 2013 CaseIH Farmall 55a MFWD
She's old, but she still can put down a hay field. 2nd cutting dropped this afternoon.

Here's a couple pictures of the Deere 800 windrower, a couple while I'm driving it off the field, a pic of the freshly cut field with 1st cutting bales in the background, a pic of my cows as they were walking buy in the pasture and a picture of the Deere 5093e and Gehl 5240 skid I use to move and feed the bales. The 567 deere baler shows up the end of this month, so will have to custom bale this cutting. Enjoy the pictures.

IMG-20130714-00323.jpgIMG-20130714-00322.jpgIMG-20130714-00326.jpgIMG-20130714-00325.jpgIMG-20130714-00324.jpgIMG-20130714-00321.jpgIMG-20130714-00320.jpg

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #2  
Very nice! "The old girl" looks remarkable for her age. How many acres of hay do you cut?

Joe

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field
Very nice! "The old girl" looks remarkable for her age. How many acres of hay do you cut?

Joe

Thanks. I bought it about 7 years ago from a farmer who had restored the power unit. The head and reel are original, he completely repainted the power unit after putting in all new bearings, etc. I cut just 18 acres. It makes about 80-90 5x6 rounds in a good year, enough to feed my small herd of Hereford cows and 1 horse.

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #4  
Thanks. I bought it about 7 years ago from a farmer who had restored the power unit. The head and reel are original, he completely repainted the power unit after putting in all new bearings, etc. I cut just 18 acres. It makes about 80-90 5x6 rounds in a good year, enough to feed my small herd of Hereford cows and 1 horse.

Nice looking swather:thumbsup:
Have you had to replace the curtains yet?
My neighbor cuts 25 acres of irrigated alfalfa with a Hesston swather (cab type). It's amazing how quickly he can finish that job (a few hours).

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #5  
I don't recall ever seeing a Deere 800 windrower before. Nice looking machine.

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #6  
Great photos, and great old tractor! Thanks for sharing!

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #7  
My neighbor cuts 25 acres of irrigated alfalfa with a Hesston swather (cab type). It's amazing how quickly he can finish that job (a few hours).

Curtains? Make that drapes. Brain freeze:confused:

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field

Normal maintenance (oil, grease, etc.) is all I've had to do so far.

/ The old girl can still cut up a hay field #9  
She's old, but she still can put down a hay field. 2nd cutting dropped this afternoon.

Here's a couple pictures of the Deere 800 windrower, a couple while I'm driving it off the field, a pic of the freshly cut field with 1st cutting bales in the background, a pic of my cows as they were walking buy in the pasture and a picture of the Deere 5093e and Gehl 5240 skid I use to move and feed the bales. The 567 deere baler shows up the end of this month, so will have to custom bale this cutting. Enjoy the pictures.
Thats awsome! Love it! Thanks for the pics .. :thumbsup: