New Holland 450 Sickle Mower

/ New Holland 450 Sickle Mower #11  
Since you have owned the 450. I am looking to purchase one to trim around the pond and mow the ditch. For the ditch I will need it to angle below horizontal about 30 degrees. Do you know if this mower will angle below horizontal? I can't find the information anywhere. All I see is the knife will be engaged at any position but no direction as to what the possible position angles would be.

/ New Holland 450 Sickle Mower #12  
Since you have owned the 450. I am looking to purchase one to trim around the pond and mow the ditch. For the ditch I will need it to angle below horizontal about 30 degrees. Do you know if this mower will angle below horizontal? I can't find the information anywhere. All I see is the knife will be engaged at any position but no direction as to what the possible position angles would be.

I'm not exactly sure how far below horizontal it will go but 30 degrees sounds about right. I've got a 451 which is almost identical.

/ New Holland 450 Sickle Mower #13  
I have a 451. Believe the most I've operated below horizontal is about 35 degrees. I use this for under tree trimming, Mine will cut small sticks but not t posts. I replaced the cutting assembly w/ system from SI Distributing, spencerville OH. Bought unit new in the 90's refuse to deal with rivets. SI offers several blade types and knives are bolted. Pitman arm is great system. I use it on a compact and NH had a special adapter for mounting to small tractors. Mine is 9 ft bar length. Also mow at pond, makes short work of cat tails. I cut a vertical bank that is @ least 60 degrees.

/ New Holland 450 Sickle Mower #14  
MY 451 will operate at any angle, even straight up...

SR