baler monitor question

/ baler monitor question #1  

southerndeere

Silver Member
Looking at a jd 535 an old style monitor. My question is will the older monitors work on newer tractors like a 2005 jd 6715. And also can an jd monitor be used on other brand tractors like a case maxxium 125 or oldder ford 8700

/ baler monitor question #2  
The monitors will work on any color tractor as long as they have a 12 volt hookup for them. The monitors don't know or care what color the tractor is.

/ baler monitor question
The monitors will work on any color tractor as long as they have a 12 volt hookup for them. The monitors don't know or care what color the tractor is.

Well that's awesome to know. Never used a monitor but a buddy told me once I start it will spoil me. Thanks for the info.

/ baler monitor question #4  
I agree with what kwswan stated as long as monitor is attached with the correct polarity. Later model monitors will spoil you even more because twine/netwrap,bale size and other adjustments to baler can be made without getting off the tractor by simply pushing buttons.

/ baler monitor question
I agree with what kwswan stated as long as monitor is attached with the correct polarity. Later model monitors will spoil you even more because twine/netwrap,bale size and other adjustments to baler can be made without getting off the tractor by simply pushing buttons.

If I'm not mistaken the 535 we are looking at has netwrap also. That will also be something new. We have always used twine.

/ baler monitor question #6  
I bale using netwrap and charge extra if a customer wants twine. With netwrap all other things equal one can bale 25% more bales in the same amount of time as with twine.

/ baler monitor question
I bale using netwrap and charge extra if a customer wants twine. With netwrap all other things equal one can bale 25% more bales in the same amount of time as with twine.

Do u bale using 5x6 bales? Our old vermeer is wore slap out. It baled 4x5. We are hoping the bigger bales will save time an money on moving an waste

/ baler monitor question #8  
No I've always used a 4X6 baler but make the bales 4X5.5. Double stacking 6 ft tall bales on an 18 wheeler makes for some height problems going under some bridges.

/ baler monitor question
No I've always used a 4X6 baler but make the bales 4X5.5. Double stacking 6 ft tall bales on an 18 wheeler makes for some height problems going under some bridges.

Yeah good point. We only have 1 field about 30 acres where we have to move bles down the road. The rest is on my dads place. But carrying 2 4x5 bale at a ti,e across the farm gets old fast.

/ baler monitor question #10  
Yeah good point. We only have 1 field about 30 acres where we have to move bles down the road. The rest is on my dads place. But carrying 2 4x5 bale at a ti,e across the farm gets old fast.

Net wrap is nice,really quick over twine.I have a double spear and carry two bales on front(set them next to each other and put a spear in each) and one on back(4x5's).