Help with New Holland 616 disc mower

/ Help with New Holland 616 disc mower #1  
Tractor
Farmall Super M Mahindra 6110
I have been getting the old 616 ready for mowing, hopefully early next week if it don't rain again!

As I was changing blades and such, i noticed a little more slop between the second and third cutter heads. They are still timed well so they do not crash, but there is just a bit more slop between those gear boxes. The rest of the gear boxes have the same amount of play when you turn them.

I do not have a manual and looked at some diagrams on line, but they fail to show what actually ties the gear boxes together one to another. Can anyone shed some light on what I'm feeling between the gear boxes? Is there a shear key or something in there that may be sloppy? or is the connection between those two gear boxes ready to let go on me?

I almost removed one gear box to check it out but didn't want to put myself in a "broken part" situation so close to cutting hay. Not sure if the gear oil will spill out all over if I remove the gear box either......it looks like they drop out the bottom of the cutting bar some how.

Any help out there from someone who has operated on one?

thanks fellas!!

/ Help with New Holland 616 disc mower #2  
Here's the parts schematics of the modules

Attachments

• 617398.png
    617398.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 5,704
  • 1238850.png
    1238850.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 5,733
   / Help with New Holland 616 disc mower
Thanks for posting the diagrams. I have seen them but still can't see what connects one box to the next. Does one end shaft slip inside the next to drive the next box? The diagram shows the mitre gear shaft, but doesnt show how it connects.

any help?

/ Help with New Holland 616 disc mower #4  
Long bolt holds modules together and hex shafts connects the gears. You can view the parts schematics online at New Holland parts.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 8,509