V rake and 4 basket tedder

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
I'm in the market for a new 8 or 10 wheel v rake and 4 basket Tedder. Brands that have dealers close are Kuhn, Rhino, Hesston/MF, Case IH, Vermeer, and Enrossi. I'm sure any of the brands rakes will get the job done. The Tedder is a different story. The last thing I want is to buy a light duty one. Some of my leased hay ground is very uneven in spots. What brands have you had good and bad experiences with? I'll be putting up 300-500 4x5 rolls a year.

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder #2  
not sure where your located but here in east Tennessee we have some fairly rough and uneven ground in many places as well. Alot of Kuhn owners here and yet to hear or know of any real issues. my neighbor just purchased a new Krone hay tedder and it seems to be the best built tedder ive seen but it also has a pretty hefty price tag but you get what you pay for also. Me personally if I was in the market for a new tedder it would be a Krone or Kuhn hands down. just my opinion though. good luck with whichever you choose.

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder
I'm in Southeast Ky. Just north of the Tn state line.

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder #4  
Another vote for the Krone tedder. My father has one and I've run it a few times. It is probably the heaviest duty tedder I've seen, with some nice features as well.

As for the V-rake, I would suggest one that you can operate the two wings independently. We use a JD 702 v-rake and I modified it so it has a double acting cylinder for each wing. That gives you the ability to use just one wing in really heavy hay or close quarters, or to turn a windrow. The double acting cylinders also make sure the wings go down when you're on a side hill.

Anyone ever use a tonutti Tedder or take?

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder #6  
Anyone ever use a tonutti Tedder or take?

Yes, the rakes.

They are by far my favorite with the Kuhn Speed Rake second.

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder #7  
I owned a JD 704 rake bought new built for JD by Tonnuti that kept breaking the tubing at the rear. I even installed thicker wall tubing and it still failed. It was the worst rake I ever owned.

/ V rake and 4 basket tedder #8  
We have an Enrossi 4 basket tedder, 3-4 years old at this point and no problems with it.
I would like to split the wings at some point so I could life one but not the other, but thats more a want than a problem.

Aaron Z

What is the terrain like where you're using the enrosssi?