loading round bales

/ loading round bales #1  

kydick

Silver Member
Tractor
ford new holland
just came up with a better way to load round hay bales on my wagon. dont know why i didnt think of it sooner. havent seen any in this part of country. just nail a 1x4 board down the center of the wagon. you can put the end of the first bale on the board and when you put the next bale on have the loader high enough so you can see when it starts to touch the first bale then let it down onto the wagon. this way you have it centered and the same amount of hay sticking over the edge of the wagon.

/ loading round bales #2  
You obviously have less depth perception that I do. Been loading side by side for years with no issue......

/ loading round bales #5  
just came up with a better way to load round hay bales on my wagon. dont know why i didnt think of it sooner. havent seen any in this part of country. just nail a 1x4 board down the center of the wagon. you can put the end of the first bale on the board and when you put the next bale on have the loader high enough so you can see when it starts to touch the first bale then let it down onto the wagon. this way you have it centered and the same amount of hay sticking over the edge of the wagon.

You could also just paint a stripe down the middle of your wagon or trailer deck.

/ loading round bales
thought about that. when some of the chaff falls off the hay it would soon cover the paint up and have to brush it off. with the board it dosent have to be brushed off as often. however if i was using the wagon for hauling tobacco or hauling small square bales like i used to do the paint would be a lot safer.