Old Hay Elevator

/ Old Hay Elevator #1  

SethWilliams

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4243, Mahindra 2555
I recently purchased a 47 acre farm and I found an old hay elevator when cleaning up. It says John Deere on the side - anybody have any idea what model it is or what it would be worth? I don't want to take it to the scrap yard and would appreciate any information!

Attachments

• image-4265248994.jpg
    image-4265248994.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 462
   / Old Hay Elevator #2  
I need to find one for my firewood operation.

/ Old Hay Elevator #3  
If the bottom side has the chain in the dirt/mud and it is badly rusted the scrap yard would be the next stop. how long has it been where it is at? Get it up out of the ground and see if you can get the contraption to turn. Passed one up last weekend and it was kept inside. Problem was the lean to on the end of the barn had collapsed onto it. Needed one for end off a log splitter..

/ Old Hay Elevator
I'm not sure how long it has been sitting there. I would guess at least 5 years, maybe more. I will try to turn it and see if anything works.

What worries me is that the ends may be sitting in dirt/mud. Here's another picture.

Murph, you aren't that far away. Come on down to TN!

Attachments

• image-1868633341.jpg
    image-1868633341.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 281
   / Old Hay Elevator #5  
Seth,
I might be interested in it. I send me a PM of ph# or address. I live in Cookevile too ( North side) we can't be too far apart.

/ Old Hay Elevator #6  
Seth,
I might be interested in it. I send me a PM of ph# or address. I live in Cookevile too ( North side) we can't be too far apart.

Keep your hands off my Elevator Dennis.:laughing::eek:

/ Old Hay Elevator #7  
1200 for a new snowco 16 ft elevator with elec motor

/ Old Hay Elevator #9  
You sure that is for hay? It looks like the ones I have seen for corn on the cop to get in the storage bens. Back when that was made corn was air dried.

/ Old Hay Elevator
Dennis, sent you a PM.

I'm not sure that it is for hay, that was just my best guess. I know the old man that had the property had mules so I figured he used it for hay. I don't know of him ever growing corn but I could be mistaken.