kubota hay equipment

/ kubota hay equipment #1  

southerndeere

Silver Member
Our kuhn tedder was in an accident while transporting on the road so we bought a 1 season used kutoa 17' tedder. It worked really well. Has anyone used any of there other equipment? I see on the site they have round balers an mower condiers with tine conditioners like we use. Just curious.

/ kubota hay equipment #2  
Just a guess, but I doubt that Kubota is building their own hay equipment from scratch.
Probably somebody else's stuff with an orange paint job.
Not saying at all that it's good or bad. Just find out who's building it. That should tell you a lot more about it.

/ kubota hay equipment #3  
Kubota's hay equipment is built by Vicon.

/ kubota hay equipment #5  
I have the kubota dm 2028 disc mower,I bought it earlier this spring. After the first year of use I love it. It is my first disc mower, but the machine is awesome, the field looks so clean after cutting, and the speed that I was able to mow at was amazing to me. Also I hit a couple of rocks so I had to replaced some of the blades which was very simple.

/ kubota hay equipment #6  
I bought a new Kubota disc mower late in the summer to finish up my second cutting whenmy old kuhn went down. A great mower! Very smooth. It is a vicon because when I bought mine a vicon was setting right beside it and it was identical. Vicon parts will fit right on it knifes,disc,etc. I can't speak for there other hay implements but I would highly recommend a Kubota disc mower

/ kubota hay equipment #7  
I bought a new Kubota disc mower late in the summer to finish up my second cutting whenmy old kuhn went down. A great mower! Very smooth. It is a vicon because when I bought mine a vicon was setting right beside it and it was identical. Vicon parts will fit right on it knifes,disc,etc. I can't speak for there other hay implements but I would highly recommend a Kubota disc mower
It actually is a Kverneland mower made in the Taarup factory that Kubota purchased with Kverneland. The Vicon technology & factory was purchased buy Kuhn in 2009. The Kuhn baler is a Vicon. The Vicon mower you saw is the same mower but is the Taarup technology. Vicon is not a Manufacturer just a marketing name now. The Kubota balers are made by Gallignani

/ kubota hay equipment #8  
It actually is a Kverneland mower made in the Taarup factory that Kubota purchased with Kverneland. The Vicon technology & factory was purchased buy Kuhn in 2009. The Kuhn baler is a Vicon. The Vicon mower you saw is the same mower but is the Taarup technology. Vicon is not a Manufacturer just a marketing name now. The Kubota balers are made by Gallignani
Would you think their mowers are any good? Or would a Kuhn be a better mower?

/ kubota hay equipment #9  
There is nothing wrong with either brand. The Kuhn mowers are newer technology. The Taarup mowers branded as Kubota are overpriced for their technology. The Bellon, Galfre/Rhino, & SaMASZ are likely better values. The main key to value will be parts availability so if you have a good parts source on the cheaper mowers, they will be a more viable option. Kuhn is the most sold disc mower in the world.