galfre drum mower in the midwest

/ galfre drum mower in the midwest #1  

mike56

Tractor
t450 tym
looking at buying a 190 galfre drum mower all shaft drive no belts.black hole conditioner.i will be mowing alfalfa clover grass mix. need to know the tedder and conditioning works good. do not want to ted after mowing.if you are mowing mixed hay here in the mid west with a drum mower please let me know how its working for you.already have a v rake dont want to ted.thanks for your help.

/ galfre drum mower in the midwest #2  
i mowed with a C&C drum mower last year and it worked just fine. Made something like 1200 square bales. only problem was that it was too small (bought cheap though). I got a bigger tractor and moved up to a 9' deere mowco this year.

/ galfre drum mower in the midwest #3  
looking at buying a 190 galfre drum mower all shaft drive no belts.black hole conditioner.i will be mowing alfalfa clover grass mix. need to know the tedder and conditioning works good. do not want to ted after mowing.if you are mowing mixed hay here in the mid west with a drum mower please let me know how its working for you.already have a v rake dont want to ted.thanks for your help.

I just bought one. I let you know when my first cutting comes in.

/ galfre drum mower in the midwest #4  
Mike, afternoon..... I use a 135 CCM drum mower... before I got it, my neighbor mowed my alfalfa with a 14' green moco.... The thick heavy windrows took forever to dry.... I had to turn them several times with my side wheel rake.... The 135 leaves thin, small windrows that dry quickly... Now I mow on Monday and bale on Thursday or Friday... Takes longer to mow and rake up into decent baling rows... BUT I save 10 days or so on drying time... water is back on quicker... now I get 4 cuttings instead of 3.... tonnage is up about 200#'s/acre...

/ galfre drum mower in the midwest #5  
i mowed with a C&C drum mower last year and it worked just fine. Made something like 1200 square bales. only problem was that it was too small (bought cheap though). I got a bigger tractor and moved up to a 9' deere mowco this year.
We now have the 210 7' drum mower in the Deutz Fahr design.