One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #1  

AKweldshop

Silver Member
Tractor
Just about everything farm related.
My roll of netwrap got caught and unrolled the spool, onto one of the rollers of the baler.....:smiley_aafz:

IMG_4215.jpg
IMG_4216.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #2  
Looks like this will be as much fun as when you run over old barb wire in pasture with a rotary cutter. Don't ask me how I know this. :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #3  
Yup.. That definitely qualifies as a PITA!

AKfish

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #4  
Yes, or running over a bunch of nylon rope with a discbine. It doesn't only wrap around under the turtles, the friction melts the rope all together, and then it hardens... As above, ask me how I know... ;-)

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #5  
Looks like one of the rotary brushes at your local automated car wash.

Or the joy experienced gathering old barbed wire with your rototiller.

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #6  
Yikes. And I thought I had problems when the long grass wraps around the weedeater shaft!

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #7  
I use my lawn tractor to mulch the chain-harrowed horse manure in my paddocks... it's interesting what gets introduced via a round of hay.

But the one thing that constantly gets wrapped around the cutting blades is horse tail hair. Crickey, that stuff is strong!

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #8  
Or when someone wraps barbed wire around the turtles on a disk mower and wants to cut it out with fencing pliers instead of taking off the disks. Not me but dad.

Or when someone tuns over the tomato cages with a lawn mower. Pulls up and says it's broke and goes inside. That's why I love my wife.

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #9  
You guys are making me laugh. I've felt a little of that pain before. Usually involved my rough cut mower.

Reminds me of this old story. Document Moved

A few weeks ago we did pass a car on the side of I-40 high centered on a mattress. The pickup hauling several bed sets on edge in the bed with no straps was also stopped.

/ One of those face palm farmer moments.....Net wrap mishap #10  
Years ago, I came upon a pickup lying in its side alongside the road. The truck ran over a loose roll of barb wire that got wrapped around the drive shaft just in front of the diff. That locked up the drive shaft, they went into a skid and rolled over. The three boys were not hurt, just waiting for help with tools to cut the wire loose.