New Baler

/ New Baler #21  
Just got my new baler, cant wait to try it out in a few weeks.

It pulls with a little more HP demand until the paint wears inside the bale chamber. You can speed that up by soaking the bale chamber walls with WD40 or diesel fuel to accelerate the break in period. I would also run the hydraulic tension at 50% for the first 50 bales. As TX Jim would say the bigger the windrow the more uniform the bale. There are lots of those balers here in the mountains and they work well. ENJOY

/ New Baler #22  
Those are some nice looking bales. Just wondering, what are those big white birds in the field?

/ New Baler
I made the bales 5 feet, I could probably get a few more inches out of it, but it is not worth the risk of damaging the baler.

Paul N.....I have always called those white birds "cowbirds", I think they are actually egrets, they always hang around fields being cut or cow fields, they eat lots of bugs.

/ New Baler #24  
I made the bales 5 feet, I could probably get a few more inches out of it, but it is not worth the risk of damaging the baler.

Paul N.....I have always called those white birds "cowbirds", I think they are actually egrets, they always hang around fields being cut or cow fields, they eat lots of bugs.

And small snakes & mice. I don't see as many egrets where I live as in past yrs.