Which baler to buy??

/ Which baler to buy??
Any new holland or case fans here?

I found a br7060 with net and 500 bales on it for $16k,

Or a case rb464 which is supposed to be the same baler with 3000 bales on it for $15k

Or a Vermeer 604 m with new belts and bearings 500 bales ago, and rebuilt pickup about 1000 bales ago for $17k. Has 7000 bales on it, bale expert with net and twine

Any more input.

/ Which baler to buy?? #12  
Having baled well over 150,000 bales with a JD rd baler my vote is for a JD baler. I traded a 467 with 30,000 bales on monitor for the one I have now that has 19,000 bales on it.

I'm with Jim.
My first pick is a JD. I wouldn't be afraid of a Vermeer or NH, but they're not a JD.
And, be patient. Now is probably not the best time to be buying. Wait until the end of the season.
5 years ago I bought a used, but very clean, JD 457. Had 6000 rolls on it. Paid $10k. It was ready to bale. I've replaced the driveshaft, a couple chains and had one belt re-laced. That's it.

/ Which baler to buy?? #13  
Any input on a case rb464? Supposedly it is the same as a new holland br7070?

I have a case rb454 and it's been a good baler. I cut around a 100 acres a year

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Which baler to buy?? #14  
We run a 5400 Rebel. Biggest drawback to it is it's twine only. No net option. Bale 400-500 bales a year for last 3 years. Bought used with 600 bales on it. Previous owner never adjusted belts and they didn't run straight so edges are worn. Only reason we have considered rebelting it. Have had to replace a couple of the sealed bearings and a few teeth.

/ Which baler to buy??
What are y'all's thoughts on a 2013 Deere 458 standard. There is one near me for 13k with 2000 bales and monitor. Does not appear to have gathering wheels or a ramp. Twine only.

I have a deal worked out on a 450 utility with net and twine, dual pick up wheels, gathering wheels and a ramp. I will probably just go with it instead of someone else's problem.

Who knows, it may never dry up enough to cut and bale here. This old clay is holding some water.

/ Which baler to buy?? #16  
What are y'all's thoughts on a 2013 Deere 458 standard. There is one near me for 13k with 2000 bales and monitor. Does not appear to have gathering wheels or a ramp. Twine only.

I have a deal worked out on a 450 utility with net and twine, dual pick up wheels, gathering wheels and a ramp. I will probably just go with it instead of someone else's problem.

Who knows, it may never dry up enough to cut and bale here. This old clay is holding some water.

Without the ramp you will have to back up everytime and dump bale. I prefer the gathering wheels to get a more even bale and not miss any hay,when hugging one side or another. Just my opinion. The net wrap is a nice option to have...

/ Which baler to buy?? #17  
I prefer the gathering wheels to get a more even bale and not miss any hay,The net wrap is a nice option to have...

Once one operates a mega-wide pickup baler with no gathering wheels required to make a level bale and netwrap you'll think you died and went to heaven.

/ Which baler to buy?? #18  
Once one operates a mega-wide pickup baler with no gathering wheels required to make a level bale and netwrap you'll think you died and went to heaven.

TxJim I would still get past the mega wide pickup,atleast the gathering wheel gives me something to shoot for,lol.

I been itching to get the TL100 in front the baler and not have to remove the cutter from one tractor to pull double duty this year.

/ Which baler to buy??

The 604 m had the wide pickup and looked good, it was rough from being run in the sand and needed chains and sprockets, and the pickup gone through.

The big commercial baler just isn't in the budget yet.

/ Which baler to buy??
My first baler was a Hesston 5510. No gathering wheels, no monster, no autotie, and regular pickup.

I still could make a descent level bale, just had a sore neck. Just watch the belts for slack.