Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #1  

rectifier

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deutz DX160, IH B-275, Z225 zero-turn
Got a good deal on the little guy from a neigbour who no longer uses it. I feed with my 3pt spear on my small tractor, so I was excited to get a machine that makes <1000lb bales as I might be able to see over them while I drive. Almost flattened a lamb last week :(

The unit appears to be nearly bulletproof and is currently operational minus a couple pickup teeth. I plan to put up about 200 bales with it this year and it will likely do it with no work other than putting oil into the automatic oiler.
But I always like to have the manual or at least some info at hand about grease points, recommended maintenance and how I'm expected to change bearings in all those rollers someday. I also need to find the size for the little bearings on the pickup cam so I can have them ready to go as they are about done.

However, searching the internet finds me ZERO information about it. It's like it never existed! Anyone got one or the manual for it?

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist
An interesting case of Google "search bubbling" as this did not show up on my search!
I was hoping more for a PDF scan than a manual shipped from the other side of the globe, but I may have to go that route.

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #4  
If all else fails

Materials preserved in the Historical Archives - SDF Historical Archives and Museum

Direct from their archive site:

Technical publications, published in various languages starting from 1945, include spare-part catalogues (over 600), workshop manuals (approx. 400), and user and maintenance manuals (approx. 2000).
These documents are of great historic importance for our technical and technological heritage. Interested users can apply to the Archives for free electronic copies of these technical publications. Use and maintenance manuals can be downloaded directly from the website

That looks like a great resource.
They only have the manuals for the GP2.30 and 2.50 listed (next generation from mine), but maybe I will email them about the GP220.
Found the long-missing manual for my DX160 on there too... hopefully they could find something in English though...

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #6  
That looks like a great resource. They only have the manuals for the GP2.30 and 2.50 listed (next generation from mine), but maybe I will email them about the GP220. Found the long-missing manual for my DX160 on there too... hopefully they could find something in English though...

Let me know if you are successful. I get a kick out of detective work involved with the Internet searches. Good luck.

Been a long time and had no success online or with Deutz.
However, my neighbour's wife was cleaning out the basement and found the operating manual!

I have scanned it to preserve it, so if anyone else has a Deutz GP220 or GP520 I can supply the PDF.

A few quick official specs if anyone is looking:

The GP220 will make a hay bale 160-250kg, 120cm x 120cm (4'x4'), 20-30 per hour.
It requires 47 HP at the PTO.
The GP520 will make a hay bale 300-500kg, 120cm x 155cm (4'x5'), 15-25 per hour.
It requires 55 HP at the PTO.

Both have 1.5m pickups.

I've put about 15 bales through mine so far, until it started to rain :(
I am very impressed with the quality of the bales and the build quality of the machine.

Only complaints:
- slow tying, spends about as long tying as picking up hay
- they bales are a little small (would rather have ~800lbs) but you take what you are given.

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #8  
Glad you found the manual!

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #9  
Hi, rectifier. Any chance you could email me (for a fee) a copy of the manual for the Deutz GP 220 baler? Bought one recently and been looking all over for book. Deutz did not bother to reply.

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #10  
Hi, rectifier. Any chance you could email me (for a fee) a copy of the manual for the Deutz GP 220 baler? Bought one recently and been looking all over for book. Deutz did not bother to reply.

Might have better luck sending him a private message, he is a newer member and not to active. Good luck.