Krone 283S disc cutter?

/ Krone 283S disc cutter? #1  

Tx Jim

Tractor
JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC
Can someone PLEASE tell me the correct places to check and what type lubrication this new to me used Krone cutter requires?? As one would guess it came with no operators manual. It was advertised as cutting less than 500 acres and still has paint on the turtles(blade holders). It has a Vassar caddy which looks well fabricated IE heavy built.
Thanks,Jim

/ Krone 283S disc cutter? #3  
There is a check bolt on the bottom side of the cutter bar... raise the cutter and youll find it about 3/4 of the way up I believe.. takes an Allen head type bolt.. DO NOT STRIP THIS BOLT!! Just be sure you have the right tool to take the plug out... bugger it up and youll be welding a bolt onto the plug..

Also check your gear box. should be on top of the boxes with a breather on it.. if it does not have a dip stick there will be a small check plug usually halfway down the box... I use to run the mess outa 283 and 323s and rebuilt a few bars on some with who knows how many acres of mowing on them... great mowers.. especially in mixed grass fields with thicker stims... never replace another belt.. my favorite part.

Last edited:
   / Krone 283S disc cutter?
Thanks for the replies. Jeremy at Messicks sent me an operators manual.
Jim