Help level my mower

/ Help level my mower #1  

bill ns

Bronze Member
Tractor
1970 ,276 International Harvester2008 dk 35 kioti, 1957 cockshutt540
I have a Kioti DK 35 I just got a Kuhn PZ170 drum mower I don't have much adjustment in my 3 point hitch arms and the mower won t. Set level What can I do ????

/ Help level my mower #2  
try connecting the top link to a different hole on the tractor....there should be 3.

When I used drum mower on my kubota I had to tweak things quite a bit to get it to sit nicely.

/ Help level my mower #3  
i think he may be talking side to side, as this is a drum / hay mower. vs front to rear... but we need to hear from the OP to clarify for sure what level issue he is having.

is it striping? cutting high on the far end of the mower or is it canted?

/ Help level my mower #4  
on my kubota, i couldn't get the far end of the mower to "sit" on the ground. I didn't have enough adjustment in the right-side 3-point arm to lower it enough. When I used a different toplink hole I was able to get things to play nicely.

Since then I have used the mower on larger tractors and had no issues, seems like the bigger machines had more adjustment space on the 3point setup.

Agreed that we need more info. Take a picture if you can :)

/ Help level my mower #5  
Try what Matt said and if you need more maybe top link is to long/short.
Pic would be nice see what where dealing with,as sound guy suggested can be number little things

/ Help level my mower
the mower sits tilted down so the far outside drum is closer to the ground than the inside one There is no more holes in the draw arms to move i may have to drill one i guess i have adjusted the threaded link all the way It does not have much adjustment It sets level front to back .

/ Help level my mower #7  
that is the exact problem i had with my kubota.

Do you have different holes on the tractor itself for the top-link to go into?

/ Help level my mower #8  
On the mower itself, you should be able to adjust the support bar out. If the bar is all the way out, you'll have to adjust your left lift arm on the tractor, provided it is adjustable.

Set the right lift arm adjustment about in the middle. Remove the link from the left lift arm. Turn the left link out so that it is longer to the ground. If the left arm link is not telescoping, buy one.

If the left link is slotted, make sure you have the bolt through the bottom slot. A pic of your 3pt hitch and current settings of the mower would help.

Another prospective problem could be the right side weight can be too much for the tire. May need to pump the tire up.

I'm not familiar with the mower, is there an adjustable skid or shoe at either end of the mower?

/ Help level my mower
I wish I had of taken a pic when I tried it last time I hooked it up I work away and will be home in a few days and hooking it up on sunday to start mowing the only thing I could think of was another adjustment hole in the link arm to pick up higher on the out side I will post pics this time I hook it up
Thanks every one for the help

/ Help level my mower #10  
014.jpg
I have a Kioti DK 35 I just got a Kuhn PZ170 drum mower I don't have much adjustment in my 3 point hitch arms and the mower won t. Set level What can I do ????

I have a Galfre 190 drum mower and I leveled it along the roll axis using the chain provided. The chain was attachéd to the pin that's used for the top link and then is attached to the right lift arm. It was trial and error to find the correct hook up. See the attached picture.