Hesston 4550 small square inline baler stuffer timing?

/ Hesston 4550 small square inline baler stuffer timing? #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
The Operators book says get plunger arm up to the lock position then get stuffer arm grease fitting showing in access hole. Then roll baler over to where the forks and hay knifes are the closest and then get 1/4" clearance by ADVANCING the stuffer sprocket ccw. Now what I've had to do to get the fork/knife clearance smaller, I've had to ****** the stuffer sprocket cw. Now going back and checking the plunger arm/grease fitting setting and finding it Just start to show in the access hole, I think it may have change somehow. It's 95 degress here and this is starting to wear me out. I have to slack the chain for each tooth adjustment and then retighten to check clearance. If and when I do get the stuffer clearance and timing only then can I do the needle timing. What am I missing here why would the packer arm to grease fitting location start to move? I'm hopeing to hear "your doin' it all wrong", as it won't be the first time. I want this baler to work and tie right. bjr

/ Hesston 4550 small square inline baler stuffer timing? #2  
Well I have a 4550 but never tried to adjust anything. I have my local agg mechanic do it. However I do believe Hesston does have a teck support line. Perhaps give them a call, or find a good agg doc and save yourself. Sometimes it pays to have the experts do the adjustments.

Also perhaps you could drop by your local hesston or MF dealer early in the morning with a box of donuts and shoot the breeze over a cup of coffee.