Rain Rain go away

/ Rain Rain go away #1  

bill ns

Bronze Member
Tractor
1970 ,276 International Harvester2008 dk 35 kioti, 1957 cockshutt540
I bought a new Kuhn pz 170 mower a old pto side delivery rake and a 224 massey baler trying to get my own hay in this year .It will not stop raining here in Nova Scotia not looking good for next week either ,

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 144
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 131
   / Rain Rain go away #2  
All the rain this year down most of the Eastern Seaboard has made it a challenge for hay farmers here as well. My hay supplier told me yesterday that it's been a struggle to get it in. Hope you get a break soon!

/ Rain Rain go away #3  
We have been pretty wet here in the Midwest but I think most have been able to get the wheat cut and hay put up.
Hope it dries out enough for you to get your hay in.

/ Rain Rain go away #4  
We had too much rain early this year, and now, as usual, we're wishing we could get a little more. I spent 3 hours Friday mowing, edging, and trimming 3 lawns, then 6 hours running 2 sprinklers.

/ Rain Rain go away #5  
I was unable to take advantage of the good weather for hay end of june/early july. Now I'm waiting just as you are. Have you used your new mower much? How do you like it?

/ Rain Rain go away
Yes i got excited a few days ago after the weather predicted rain and it did not happen and we were suposted to get 3 days of sun ! So i went out and mowed a small field near my house The mower is the best piece of gear i ever run It will cut as fast as the tractor will go and nothing yet will bog it down . I have another larger hay field about 10 miles away i also started cutting up there It took me a day and a half to cut with a sicklebar mower last year i mowed it this year in 4 1/2 hours .I had to put a piece of chain on one of the arms to keep it level but its working great .I took a video of cutting through chest high timothy but if came out sideways and i cant get it straight need one of the kids to fix it lol

/ Rain Rain go away #7  
Please send us some rain.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Rain Rain go away #8  
Some rain here sure be nice,grass starting to have a crunchy sound when walking on it. To much rain earlier year,then it got turned off to nothing,no second cutting here looks like...

101 to 104 this week but Friday has a 50%chance,crossing fingers for it...

/ Rain Rain go away #9  
We have had lots of rain here. I haven't been able to work on the drainage ditch project in the back yard, and I about got stuck bush hogging last week. We haven't had to use any water out of the rain water tank for the garden. The forecast shows even more rain this week. image-3648914117.jpg image-660370187.jpg

/ Rain Rain go away #10  
This is the latest I have ever finished my first cutting, I just finished tonight. Ended June and started July with the most rain I have ever seen for the time period in central NC. At one point had almost 10 inches of rain in a week. I didn't complain at all because the pastures really needed it and I already had my personal allotment of hay in the barn by mid June. I may do 500 squares just to have on hand. I only have to make 18 more rounds to fill an order. I will definitely have a fair number of rounds for sale. The rain can come again now since its been 5 days since the last shower and I probably won't start 2nd cutting for a couple of weeks.